AFFAIRS 𝘭𝘪𝘤𝘢𝘴 pt.2

the boy standing behind jiahao was tall — much taller than jiahao himself — and leaving lisa almost frozen in place. she wondered how could someone be so tall to the point he almost reached the ceiling of the doorway.

he had a smile dancing on his lips, his hair was brown at its roots but a dirt blonde tainted its ends, he wore a dark grey shirt and navy coloured sweatpants where his hands were dug deep into its pockets.

lisa had stood up from her chair, still confused as hell as to what was happening until pieces started to quickly fit into the puzzle she formed.

this couldn't be, lisa said to herself mentally, but her smile never faltering. her eyes then avert to sunan and jiahao.

her mother approached the taller boy and reached for his shoulder.

"lisa, honey, this is jiahao's oldest son, yukhei." lisa could only stare at the boy until her smile widens by a centimeter when her mother points to her. "and yukhei, this is my daughter that I've been telling you about, lalisa."

yukhei already had his hand stretched and lisa automatically did the same, his grip was firm and strong, but it didn't surprise lisa.

"nice to meet you, lalisa." his voice was slightly deep, now that, surprised lisa. despite his height, his face looked young, and the girl guessed that he was going to be her younger brother.

it was going to be a new experience for her.

and she knew that she wasn't going to like it so much.

"nice to meet you too, yukhei." she retrieved her hand. "and you can just call me lisa." his smile widens and the boy faces his father who continued to stare at his stepdaughter with a smile.

sunan clapped her hands lightly. "shall we talk about the two weeks we've had over breakfast, shall we?"

jiahao and lisa weren't as close to have a parent-child bond yet, but lisa accepted him as her mother's husband, it took her a while, but eventually she got used to it. but to have a new member added to her family, that was never mentioned in the first place, and she only found out about him now, lisa couldn't take that in so easily.

but for the sake of her mother, she decided to swallow that and just keep it to herself, putting on a smile for the table.

lisa carefully placed her cutlery down and asked. "so, yukhei, what brings you over to korea?"

the boy who was eating his toast, placed it back down on the porcelain plate and wiped the crumbs that were around his lips.

"I've been scouted for the modeling and dancing major here." he says with a wide smile. lisa nods back.

"he's been scouted at your university, lisa." she turns her head to face jiahao, who smiled brightly at her.

fuck, she mentally cursed and tried not to choke in her own saliva. she fakes surprise and once again faces yukhei.

"is that so? what days are you going?" she goes at almost every day of the week except for wednesday and tuesday, and also the weekends.

yukhei looks up in thought and then down with slight hesitation. "I think... they need me there during thursdays and fridays?"