New faces

6
——————————————-

Stokeley pov:

  Jahseh has been staying with me for about a week now.

   I swear though every time I look at him I still see the same broken boy.

   I still haven't gotten him to talk.
Just to get the slightest smile out of him takes so much work.

I don't regret taking him in though.
I know I'm the one helping him but I feel like he helps me too.

Speaking of Jahseh I should go see if he's up yet. As quietly as I can I crack the door open to peek in on Jah.

His limbs are sprawled all over the bed while the covers are tossed on the floor.
His mouth is hanging wide open with a tad of drool hanging from his lips.
I chuckle quietly to myself at the sight.
I know I should wake him up but I can't bring myself to.

  Maybe just a quick picture I think to myself taking out my phone.

"Jahseh" I say softly.
Nothing happens so I try again.
" Jah its time to get up" I say a little louder tapping at his shoulder.
Yet still no reaction.
As you can probably tell Jahseh isn't necessarily a morning person.

" Jah this is your last warning" I warn trying to sound stern.
Not one movement was made.
I sigh in disappointment.

" ok you asked for it" I say reaching my hands down to his sides slightly tickling him.
Small giggles erupt from his lips.
I can see he's trying to keep a straight face but is failing badly.

"Now ya gonna get up" I ask once again placing my hands back on my hips.
He shakes his head regardless turning away from me.

" oh really that's how ya wanna play" I argue back jokingly.
Seeing he isn't going to move I reach down gripping his underarms to pick him up. He looks at me with a look of panic slightly concerning me. The look soon disappears and turns to a look of relief when he sees that I'm just messing with him.

I gently toss him over my shoulder and start to walk down stairs.
He tries releasing himself from my grip but no luck.

" hey your the one that wouldn't get out of bed" i answer to his request of getting down.
I hear him heavily sigh with defeat but I know he secretly likes being carried.

   With that I hear an unexpected knock at the front door.
Who the fuck is at my house at 9:00 in the morning?

  I put jahseh down on the couch telling him to stay put while I go see who wanted to disturb me at 9:00 in the fucking morning.

" what the fuck do u want Jared" I question as I open the door with an annoyed expression.

"Whoa no need to be rude just wanted to come by for a little" Jared retaliates with an offended expression.

" well I'm kinda busy" I argue not wanting anymore company.

" well ur kinda out of luck cause Omar and Gazzy are already coming too" Jared informs making me sigh in defeat.

" fine but just remember I hate y'all" I agree letting Jared in.
I hope everything will go well with everyone meeting Jah.

" before we go in there there just make sure you don't say anything to triggering" I warn Jared.

" what why" he asks quite confused.

I inform him on everything he needed to know about Jah before we entered the living room.

" so u must be Jahseh" Jared says confronting Jah.
Jahseh slightly nods.

" well nice to meet u I'm Jared" jared says holding his hand out for jahseh to shake.
Jahseh only stares at it like he didn't know what to do.
Jared shrugs it off saying " aghh it's fine we'll get there"

Just as we're about to sit down another knock at the door was heard.

" I'll get it" Jared announces rushing to the door.

I decide to take a seat on the smaller couch to make more room for the others on the other one.
Jahseh gets up from his spot confusing me at first until he plops himself down next to me.

" who's the new kid" I hear Omar question taking a seat opposite of us with Gazzy following close behind.

" this is Jahseh he's been staying with me for about a week now" I inform all of them.

" why'd we know nothing about this before " Omar asks again.

" I guess I've been so caught up it just never came to mind" I answer truthfully.

" so why'd y'all come over anyway" I question curiously.

" do we really need a reason to see you stoke" Gazzy says this time.

" by the way kimetrius is coming over too" Omar adds.
I see jahseh slightly jump at the name.
His eyes go immediately wide as tears start to stroll down his face.

" whoa jahseh you okay" I ask already knowing he obviously isn't. I pull him in a side hug trying to wipe his tears.

" what'd I say" Omar asked feeling guilty.

" I don't know" I respond truthfully.

Jahseh must know kimetrius somehow and he must not have very good memories.
I don't really know kimetrius we only see him at the studio when he comes to help us on a track once in a while.

" umm guys I'm going to take jahseh up stairs for a little" I say lifting Jahsehs crying self into my arms. He lays his head on my shoulder and continues to sob.

What could of kimetrius of done make jahseh so full of distraught.
Kimetrius seemed like an ok guy but seeing Jahseh in this state certainly makes me want to reconsider my perspective on him.

We make it to his room and I sit down with him on my lap. His head still tucked into my shoulder as his sobs turn to sniffles. I gently play with his dreads to try and sooth him.
I just couldn't take seeing Jahseh cry.
It was hard enough to not see him smile but to hear him cry just broke me.
Now I know all I wanted was to protect this poor boy anyway I possibly could.

This took forever to write and it's still not good
What do u think is going to happen when kimetrius comes ?
Any deep feelings on this chapter?
Please vote and comment