Chapter -2

Warning ⚠️

Harsh language and violence ahead.

"Siiirrrr , please come home ... "

I heard her panicked voice.. before I could react I heard her screaming.

" leave me " with lot of noise in background and the line went off .

I rushed to home with some of my co workers definitely knowing something wrong might have happened.

I reached there to witness the most dreadful sight infront of me. My whole family and bhabhi's parents were lying in pool of blood. I checked for pulses which proved no luck . Avni and Mishti were missing.

I heard noises upstairs. A scream . I rushed there skipping several steps . My blood boiled seeing Avni being attacked by a goon with knife in his hand. She is struggling to stop him.She being wounded from the knife blood dripping all over her body. I shot him on his arms first so that he looses the knife in his arm . Then I shot him on his legs which brought him down on his knees. DD and rest of police fellow man caught him and other person helping him.

I rushed to Avni checking for her wounds . She was wounded . Before blacking out she pointed to cabinet door and told Mishti.

End of POV

Avni's POV:

I was really happy today. It's been 6 months that I have been with Khannas . They are people with golden heart. They treat me as a family member. I enjoyed freedom and happiness in my life. I help Mom in her work , took care of Bebe and Didi . I serve tea for Neil sir and his breakfast before he leaves to office. I called him sir only but I was told by all to call him Neil. I had feelings for him which I suppressed since it will be ungrateful towards the family ;the family that gave me a new life.Today is my little princess Mishti's birthday. I asked Neil sir to come early home today. He got irritated by that and started telling me that he have lots of work to do . I became sad listening to him not because I was denied for what I asked . I am no one to tell him when to return and what to do . I felt sad because I forgot my place here in his family and took the audacity to tell him. But he laughed seeing my reaction and told he played prank on me. He patted on my cheek ,smiled at me and left to office. We did our routine and Me and Mishti was in playroom upstairs. Suddenly I heard screams downstairs. From balcony I took a look at what's happening downstairs. I saw Bebe , Dad , Mom , bhaiyya , Didi and her parents we're lying in pool of bed . I thought to rush to downstairs to help them . Then thinking about Mishti I dropped that plan . It may be dangerous for Mishti if I do anything foolish.

" Mishti , baby shall we play hide and seek ?Please hide here in cabinet. Don't make noise. 2 uncles are coming to find you. Whatever happens don't come out until me or Superman tell you okay ?"

I asked Mishti and she obeyed .

I then called Neil sir . He took the call I asked him to come to home . The goons on hearing noises upstairs reached me and started attacking me using the knife. I struggled to stop them . Got hurt here and there in body. Due to lose of blood I started feeling dizzy. Neil sir came in and shot the attacker . Before passing out in his arms I told him pointing at the cabinet door Mishti.

/////////////////////////////////////////

Neil opened the door to find little Mishti inside the cabinet.

"Superman did we win against the uncles?"
The innocent Mishti asked without knowing the tragedy happened.

DD took Mishti in his arms as Neil took Avni to hospital. Neil kept her head in his lap caressing her hair as the driver rode the car to the hospital. Tears were flowing down his eyes. He lost his family today . He can't afford to loose his Avni as well. He took her in his arms and ran to the emergency ward. He waited outside till her dressing was done. Meanwhile his family's bodies were send for post mortem and other formalities.

////////////////////////////////////////////

In police station the caught goons were interrogated for answers . But none of them opened their mouth .

Neil reaches the police station .

Neil - "DD , any luck? Did these b*s*a*d* lay the eggs? "

DD - " No sir "

Neil - " DD , turnoff the cameras "

Neil enters the interrogation room.

Neil - " Come on tell me who has send you?"

Goon1 - " Oh you police as if you ask us we'll tell everything."

This irked Neil.

" You bloody morons , tell us or else you'll regret the day you were born "

Goons smirked.

The goons were soon tied upside down and Neil started hitting them with rod above the neck so that no wounds were visible.

The goons screamed.

Neil - " Spill the beans or else I'll chop your goolies off and make you swallow them raw."

He brought them down and kept them on ice block . They winced in pain

Still they didn't open their mouth.

Neil Inserted pin into their nails , took nut cracker and started pulling the nails off their toes.

They were done with the torture. One of them told:

" Sir I will tell you everything.."

"DD ,Prepare these bastards  with new clothes. No trace of torture must be visible."

Everything was set

Neil -"Lights on camera rolling. "

Goon : "Sir we were sent by Vinayak "

//////////////////////////////////////////

To be continued..,,