Chapter -10

warning: not proof read

" Mrs. Khanna. I am Ms. Basu calling from Holy angels school. You are Mishti's mom right? "

Avni got a call while she was in office.

" Yeah . What happened to Mishti?  Is she okay?" Avni panicked

" Well .. you will have to come here and meet Principal. She will tell you in detail."

Ms. Basu disconnected the call.

' Definitely something is  wrong . What would have happened to my Mishti?' Avni thought in mind.

She was in whirlpool of thoughts while driving to Mishti's school.

When she entered the principal's office she saw Mishti standing there with bowed head and a boy who is holding his hands who definitely looked as he is in pain. His parents were glaring at Mishti . Ms .Basu was also standing there with them.

" Mrs. Khanna , please be seated." The principal offered.

" You have not raised a girl. You have raised a rowdy ."
The lady who looked like the boy's mom roared at Avni.

Avni frowned hearing this. Mishti was standing there without any expression.

" What happened Ma'am?" Avni asked.

" What happened?? Can't you see?? Your rowdy daughter have beaten my poor son and his arms are fractured now. I must say your parenting is really bad. You don't have time to raise your daughter. You working women are concerned about your career alone. See how we sacrifice our career for our kids. You should take tips from us."

"Mrs. Ahuja calm down . We will discuss the matter." Principal said trying to ease the situation.

" Mrs. Khanna, I am sorry to say. But your daughter has crossed all the limits. She just beat the poor boy black and blue. Don't you think she needs to stay in her limit."

Avni came near to Mishti.

" Mishti why did you do it? " Avni asked Mishti.

" Mama , I did it because I found it as right "

" See how arrogant she is. No regret also for what she has done. It's all your mistake."

" Mrs Ahuja, I'm talking to her right? Please don't interrupt." Avni warned her.

" Mishti baby tell me. What happened? " Avni asked her lovingly.

" Oh baby.. keep her in your lap also. Spoiled brat. ". Mrs. Ahuja was irritated.

Avni glared at her making her silent.

" Mamma Rohit( the boy in Principal's room) was touching Aarti ( Mishti's friend) inappropriately.  If I didn't have interrupted most unfortunate thing would have happened. "
Mishti replied without stammering but her head was still bend down.

" What would have happened? And why did you react? Others including boys were also there right? Why did you interfere in other's matter? You should have informed teachers . You can't decide everything Mishti."

" Ma'am I did it because my conscience told me so. My friend was in trouble and as per my Mamma taught me we should help anyone in trouble. That's what I was told. I will be repeating this if this happens ever."

Mrs. Ahuja opened her mouth to say something. But on recalling the death glare Avni gave few seconds before her mouth got closed unknowingly.

Principal was irritated to core.

" You shameless girl. You did wrong and then you are arguing without any regret."

" Ma'am why should she regret when she has done nothing wrong." Avni spoke making Mrs.Ahuja's eyes going wide.,

" Nothing wrong?? Look at my poor kid's hand. It's plastered. He will not to be able to move it for months. My son is not the one to test her Karate lessons.Girls should behave like girls and not like street fighters. Who send girls for karate classes? "

" Well Mrs. Ahuja he got what he deserved. Have you ever read in newspapers regarding rape victims and number of hashtags we raise in social medias for justice for rape victims? Only those are the reactions we show after the most unfortunate incident happen. We need to react before the crime happens. We should start from home itself. Elders should teach their daughters how to protect themselves and their sons how to respect girls. Parents should set the example in home itself. Teach them, Correct them don't encourage them or ignore them when they does mistakes. The mentality of male dominancy should change. Girls are not objects. They also have heart and opinions. It's not the problem with me raising my daughter Mrs. Ahuja it's your raising that is to be questioned. You being one of the trustees of this institution doesn't give your son to touch the girls or anyone coming to this school. If any incident like this repeats it will be not Mishti who will deal with you . It will be me. "

" Mrs. Khanna . Control your tongue. You can't speak to a trustee like this. I am going to call your husband. "

The principal dialed Neil's number and asked him to come to school.

" Yes Ma'am why was I called? " Neil reached the office by 15 mins.

" Your wife and daughter are both arrogant. They doesn't know how to behave with people from respected family." Mrs Ahuja roared.

" Ma'am can you explain the situation please."Neil asked

" Neil I will explain." Avni told.

"You both stay outside. I'll explain him. " The Principal told.

Avni took Mishti with her and they both sat on the bench outside.

" Mama, I don't know why are they reacting like this. It was his mistake and now I'am blamed. Why is it so?" Mishti asked.

" Baby , you are not wrong. It's the society that is wrong. It's Rohit's and his mom's mistake. It's principal ;who doesn't know to take a stand ; it's her mistake. It's teacher who failed to protect her girl student; it's her mistake. It's not your mistake. It's not you who should be bending your head in front of them , it's him who tried to wrong a girl should be bending his head in front with f entire society. You should be walking with your head held high in this society. You go ahead. I will always support you for your good deeds. "

Avni hugged Mishti and kissed her on top of her head.

Mishti hugged her back and they stayed like that for a few minutes till Neil came back from the office.

" Come lets go home." Neil told them in a cold tone.

" Neil , what happened inside? " Avni asked.

" Let's go." Neil replied.

" Neil let me explain what happened.please please listen to me." Avni pleaded.

" Dada please. We didn't do anything wrong . " it was Mishti who pleaded this time.

" I don't want to hear anything. Avni you leave your car here. You both are coming with me . That's final . Not a word more." Neil replied.

Avni and Mishti followed Neil. The ride was quiet which scared Avni and Mishti . Neil raised the speed . But Avni didn't react knowing it's the way of Neil venting out anger.

They reached home and the car screeched to a halt.