Epilogue

"Navin  ... Nivin ... put that down there. Help someone help me."
Mishti ran to kitchen hearing her mumma pleading for help. She knew something was not right.

Her eyes popped out of her socket visualizing the scene in front of her.

" Navin , Nivin

" Navin , Nivin .. what did you do?" Mishti asked her 2 year old brothers.

" We made feefee for Mamma." ( we made coffee for mamma ) the two boys replied in same tone.

" What's going on?" Neil who just returned from office asked knowing something is not right.

He found the coffee powder all over the kitchen floor.

" Haan. You came. You are the one who is spoiling them. You restrict me from punishing them and see now they have crossed all the limits. I want some relief." Avni complained while taking the broom stick from the store.

" Avni calm down . It's okay . Kids will make mess in house. It's not right if the house with the kids are always neat. It means you are not giving the kids enough freedom. Kids need to be kids not grown ups. "
Neil continued with his lectures .

Avni quickly passed the broom stick and dustpan to Neil who was continuously giving lectures.

" What?"

" It's you who is responsible for them and now giving lectures. Clean it by yourselves. Let me go and rest."

" Avni I am a top officer. IPS officer. Criminals are scared of me. "

" I am not your criminal to be scared of you. Go clean."

She slammed the door on his face .

He faked a cry , sighed and took the broomstick and dustpan in his hands and started cleaning the mess.

Navin , Nivin and Mishti suppressed their laughter.

" Don't laugh. I am cleaning this because I know how much trouble you are causing to mamma. I felt pity on her."

"Dada don't lie. I know you are scared of Mamma's angry mode. " Mishti told and she pushed her tongue out teasing him.

" You little moron. " Neil showed the broomstick towards her and she ran.

" I am going. Clean the floor well Dada." She told in between climbing the stairs.

While he cleaned the floor and put the coffee powder in the dustbin he found that the two little monsters where aiming for the cookie jar kept on the kitchen slab.