Chapter-9

Father Xavier was informed about the wise decision.

Mishti was in her fullest excitement as her Mamma and Dada are getting married.

The ceremony was decided to be a simple one .
Neil being a non baptized individual and Avni being a baptized catholic they will require a special permission from the Bishop for the marriage to be held in church as per catholic way.

" No father I don't expect you to take tension for getting permission from Bishop. I am okay with doing a court marriage also. After all I wish to live my life happy. It doesn't matter if the marriage is grand one or not . " Avni told her decision.

" Avni if you want I can get baptized."

" No Neil . I don't want to change your beliefs and practices for a wedding. I don't want a show the world how grand was the wedding which have no meaning. I believe in showing the world how understanding and happily we are married. The pomp and splendor we show the world doesn't last long. Only the happiness and love lasts. "

Neil was left speechless.

" God bless my kids. I can see how strong is your love for each other. I can do one thing. I will conduct the wedding in your house in catholic style . There will be no question of receiving sacrament by non baptized individual in that case.I will do that for my kids. Live happily. Promise me that you will continue to love each other."

" We promise you father."

Neil invited his relatives whereas Avni invited her inmates from orphanage and few of her friends.

Avni wore white designer gown  by Tadashi Soji was looking really Gorgeous.

Neil in Black three piece suit by Kenneth Cole was looking handsome.

As Avni was descending the stairs Neil was unknowingly drooling at her with his mouth open slightly skipping few of his heartbeats for a while.

Avni was not able to meet his eyes and looked down slightly blushing.

Mishti clad in a baby pink ankle length lace frock was their official ring holder.

"Earth to Dada.After all she will be with you forever. Control for now." Mishti slightly pulled him out of his la la land.

Neil blushed slightly.

Mishti giggled.

Avni and Neil moved to the "Khanna's "family photo and sought their blessings. Tear was formed in both their eyes. Both of them tried to hide it. Mishti hugged both of them . She tried cheering them up.

Fr . Xavier blessed the couple. He addressed them .

The wedding ceremony started with asking consent of bride and groom. AvNeil joined their right hands together .

I, Neil Khanna take you, Avni , to be my wife. I promise to be faithful to you, in good times and in bad, in sickness and in health, to love you and to honor you all the days of my life.

I, Avni take you, Neil Khanna to be my husband. I promise to be faithful to you, in good times and in bad, in sickness and in health, to love you and to honor you all the days of my life.

Fr. Xavier asked Neil
Neil, do you take Avni to be your wife? Do you promise to be faithful to her in good times and in bad, in sickness and in health, to love her and to honor her all the days of your life?

Neil replies: I do.

Next, Fr. Xavier asks Avni
Avni , do you take Neil to be your husband? Do you promise to be faithful to him in good times and in bad, in sickness and in health, to love him and to honor him all the days of your life?