n i n e

Don't be a silent reader x enjoy

. .

𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐍𝐢𝐧𝐞: 𝐌𝐫 𝐌𝐢𝐫𝐚𝐜𝐥𝐞𝐬

New York City, United States of America

. .

"What is your mission?" Klaus asks irritatedly as Allie adjusts the foreign American clothes on her lithe figure.

"To question high ranking individuals at the Army head office and get them to talk by any means necessary as long as my identity remains a secret. Then I am to follow Howard Stark as he leaves his meeting with General Eisenhower at 1230 hours. Remain hidden and do not make my presence known as I follow him back to Stark Industries. Run surveillance on him until he leaves to return home at 1900 hours." Allie responds curtly as she pulls at the belt on her spotted blue and black dress. The dress was made from a soft cotton fabric that was knee length but clung to her feminine curves. The blue made her light brown eye's shine and when she looked at herself in the mirror, she looked like a woman. She looked normal.

"Good. Don't get caught and don't disappoint. Hail HYDRA." Klaus lectures with a salute that Allie mimics and responds to with the same words that feel like venom in her mouth. She then turns around and goes to her room in the luxurious hotel that Dieter had got for the group. She had never stayed in a place that was as nice as this. In the past week, she has gone from sleeping on a rock hard mattress in a room that is the size of a janitor's closet to sleeping on what feels like clouds and a room that is as big as the training rooms at HYDRA.

She wobbles on her feet as she walks towards her bedroom as a result of the ridiculously high heels that she has been made to wear. She has never even worn a pair of heels before so trying to walk down the street will prove to be more challenging than completing her actual mission itself.

She stumbles into the room and heads towards her small backpack that holds all of her weapons needed for this mission. She pulls out her small throwing knife and straps it to the inside of her thigh and does the same for her other hand knife. But before she leaves the room, she turns around and looks at herself in the mirror again. It's almost impossible for her to recall her life before HYDRA. It has been all she has ever known but looking in the mirror she sees what her life could have been like. She could have had a family, a husband, some friends. She could have lived a normal life. And in these clothes, she looks like she could fit into the life that she has dreamed about. But beneath the surface, she is still a merciless soldier. She is still a killer. No matter what clothes she wears or what life she chooses to live, her past will always be the same.

As if the sight has become too much to bear, she turns away and heads out of her room. She tries to walk steadily in her chosen footwear and almost makes it out of the apartment uninterrupted when a hand grabs at her arm. Swiftly, she elbows the person in the gut and then whirls around and holds her other arm over their neck, severing their air supply. Her eyes widen when she sees that under her choke hold is Stefan who is grimacing at her whilst he clutches at her arm. She releases him and takes a step back, allowing him to regain his composure.