t e n

Don't be a silent reader x enjoy

. .

𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐓𝐞𝐧: 𝐒𝐭𝐚𝐫 𝐒𝐩𝐚𝐧𝐠𝐥𝐞𝐝 𝐌𝐚𝐧 𝐖𝐢𝐭𝐡 𝐍𝐨 𝐏𝐥𝐚𝐧

HYDRA Base, Austrian Alps

. .

Now, all Allie has to do is wait. She did all that she could do and sooner or later, somebody would come for the American prisoners. Whether that would be a huge scale attack led by the U.S army or a small tactical team led by the very own Captain America himself, she does not know . But somebody would have to come. Bucky's life depends on it. The other soldier's lives depend on it.

She had already been back a week and there has been no word on the American troops breaking through HYDRA's territory. Slowly, the hope that she is holding onto is starting to fizzle away. But it is out of her hands now. She just has to make sure that Bucky is well enough to get himself out of here when the time comes.

Speaking of which, Bucky has somehow gotten better during the couple of days that she had been gone. She was shocked when she had come back to see that he could remember her and that he didn't look like he was about to arrive on death's doorstep anymore. Whatever those doctors had injected him with seems to have made a difference, but whether it stays that way is the bigger question.

She has visited him three times in the past week and every time he has shown good progress. He was actually able to hold a conversation with her while she tended to his health. With each visit, he has somewhat returned to his normal lively and charming self. Well, as lively and charming that he could be for someone in such circumstances.

Allie never told him that he was going to be rescued soon. She didn't want to dangle false hope in front of him only for it to be snatched away. She couldn't possibly fathom how excruciating it would be to have to be experimented on like vermin and hoping that help will come to rescue you, only for it to never arrive. She isn't even sure that anybody will come so she will secretly prepare him in case they do.

When Allie came back from her day with Howard, she lied through her teeth about what she discovered. She told Klaus that Erskine died with the notes for the serum and that Howard was more focused on creating military equipment to rival HYDRA's instead of the serum.  Klaus was slightly uncertain about believing her but when she showed him a file that she copied on a tank that Howard was constructing, his apprehension lessened greatly.

She left out that Howard had acquired a sample of Steve Rogers' blood in the hope that he would be able to replicate the serum sooner rather than later. If HYDRA found out that Howard was experimenting on Steve's blood, they wouldn't hesitate to put bullets through both of their skulls. The entire war itself has so far relied on Erskine's serum so if Howard could replicate the formula, America would have the means to finish the war. They could finish HYDRA for good.