t w e n t y - n i n e

Don't forget to vote and comment x enjoy

. .

𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐓𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲-𝐍𝐢𝐧𝐞: 𝐍𝐨 𝐑𝐞𝐬𝐭 𝐅𝐨𝐫 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐋𝐢𝐯𝐢𝐧𝐠

HYDRA Base, Siberia

. .

Allie wakes and is greeted with darkness as she is too tired to even open her eyes. She feels the sweat drip down her pale skin and begs her teeth to stop their incessant chattering. Her chest is searing with pain, becoming tenfold as agonizing with each breath that she takes.

So she just lays there with her eyes forced shut, trying to muster up any of the remaining strength that she has left.

After what seems like forever, Allie's eyes languidly flicker open and her head thumps with immobilizing pain, making her immediately regret her decision. The world blurs and she finds herself unable to focus on anything but the stabbing pain in her eyes.

While she was out, HYDRA must have taken off her restraints because she labouriously lifts her hands up and buries her palms into her eye sockets, trying to stop the pain. For what reason they unchained her, she does not know. And she doesn't have it in her to think about it either.

Instead, she feels what she thinks is cold tears drip down her face as she tries to stop the pain in her eyes. She wants to tear her eyes out of their sockets just to rid herself of the incessant aches.

But she knows that if she is in this much pain, it means the serum worked. To what extent, she doesn't know. But whatever they injected her with cannot be good. It's HYDRA after all.

The serum seems to be the root of all her problems. It's making her feel like her insides are being torn apart piece by piece. That her eyes are being gouged out of their sockets and that her head is being bashed against a concrete wall. And if this is anything like Bucky went through months ago when they were back at HYDRA, she knows that there are many more serums to come.

But there is something about her that feels different. Aside from the overwhelming pain that she is in, she knows that her body is also suffering from some other effect of the serum. And that effect doesn't feel normal.

Something is wrong.

Very wrong.

And she wishes they just killed her instead.

After a few moments that she spends recollecting her thoughts, Allie slowly pushes herself up into a sitting position, vaguely aware of her surroundings. Her vision swims in and out of clarity but as she looks down at her hands, she can see clear as day, that they are coated in thick, scarlet blood.