t w e n t y

Don't forget to vote and comment x enjoy

Important A/N at the end xx

. .

𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐓𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲: 𝐋𝐢𝐟𝐞 𝐇𝐮𝐫𝐭𝐬

HYDRA Base, Czechoslovakia

. .

Dread creeps down Bucky's spine, descending down his body until he is almost frozen to the spot that he is standing on. His stomach feels like it's full of lead and his mind is playing every grave scenario that could potentially happen on repeat.

"Steve, where the hell is she?" He shouts as his hands tremble by his side. His fingers curling into a fist and his nails digging into his palm painfully. His eyes are wide and ablaze with fear as he is completely and utterly terrified for Allie. He whirls around to look at Steve, hoping for an answer.

"If she got shot badly, she probably would've gone back towards the treeline where she entered. That would've been her safest bet to get out." Steve answers ashamed. He can't help but think that he caused this, but he has no time to wallow in self-pity. "Let's split up, half go right and half go left. That way we might be able to locate her quicker." He orders before he hastily turns and runs off to find Allie.

Bucky is quickly on his heels and the rest of the world fades into a blur as his main focus is finding Allie. With every stride that he takes, worry and fear torture his mind. It engulfs his conscience and sweeps all other thoughts aside. What if it's really bad? What if they don't find her?

What if he is too late?

His eyes search every inch of grass and dirt that he can see but to no avail. He screams and screams her name but he gets no response.

"Dernier, Jones, head into the treeline and look for her." He hears Steve order and he just assumes that the two men run off to do what Steve said because he doesn't turn around to look. Bucky just keeps running. With every second that goes past without him finding Allie, he gets even more worried about his girl. He almost feels the urge to throw up as his throat feels like it is closing up from anxiety.

"Bucky!" Steve shouts as he sprints to catch up to Bucky who has disappeared around the corner of the building, running as if his own life depended on it.

"Allie!" Bucky cries out at the top of his lungs when he turns the corner and spots a body lying on the ground around 50 yards ahead.

Bucky races over to her bleeding body and falls to his feet when he sees the state that she is in. Her body is completely white, free from her normal glow, and he can see small beads of sweat fall from the crown of her head.