t w e n t y - s e v e n

Don't forget to vote and comment x enjoy

. .

𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐓𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲-𝐒𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧: 𝐇𝐢𝐬 𝐇𝐞𝐚𝐫𝐭𝐚𝐜𝐡𝐞

. .

Jones' feet pound against the grassy terrain. He pushes his legs harder and faster so that he can get as far away from the ruins that lay behind him. The wind whips at his face, tearing into his eyes so hard that he begins to feel them go glassy.

Or is he just upset about the life that was lost only a mere two minutes ago?

He will admit that he did not like Allie Williams. If anything, he absolutely despised her. But he didn't hate her because she was a woman or because she was better than him. He hated her because she was the physical reminder of the pain and torture that he experienced when he was imprisoned at HYDRA.

She was the person that had locked him away in that wretched cell, sentencing him to that life of misery.

Every time that he looked at her, he was reminded of the cold months of incarceration. All the labor that he was forced to do, all the pain that he had to bear just to survive.

He knew that it wasn't her fault, she was just doing what she had to do to survive. But his brain just didn't want to accept that. She had caused too much pain. Too many bad memories

He even saw her in some of his nightmares, when he was forced to relive the worst moments of his life.

But now, as he runs back to the rest of the team, he doesn't know what to tell them.

It is his fault. He is the reason that she is dead.

All because he didn't stay back and help her out. Because he didn't stop her from sacrificing herself for him.

So he runs.

And as much as he wants to just run away from the confrontation that he knows he is about to have, he runs to their designated rendezvous spot. Not at all ready to see the effect of his actions on the rest of his team.

He rushes through the dense greenery, pushing the low-hanging branches that dangle down in front of him away. He doesn't attempt to be quiet as he runs because he would actually be somewhat grateful if he is found before he even reaches the group.

But alas, nobody stops him before he rejoins the rest of his team.

Ahead of him, he spots the clearing with all the men gathered around in a small circle, waiting for him and Allie. He slows down to a slow jog, not hurrying towards the group like he normally would.