t w e n t y - f o u r

Don't forget to vote and comment x enjoy

. .

𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐓𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲-𝐅𝐨𝐮𝐫: 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐌𝐨𝐫𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐀𝐟𝐭𝐞𝐫

. .

The next morning, Allie wakes still wrapped up in Bucky's loving embrace. He hold her close to his chest and she lays down with her head just below his collarbone, hearing the faint rhythmic 'thumps'  of his heart as she gazes up at his peaceful face.

She feels much more at peace here, laying in Bucky's arms.  Almost as if she also awoke with the feeling of a weight being physically lifted off her shoulders. Just letting out those feelings with Bucky made her feel a lot better than all that sulking that she had been doing for the last couple of days. Letting out those emotions felt liberating.

But neither of them brought up the topic again last night. There was nothing left to say.

He chose to stay and she wasn't going to complain. Especially with the state that she was in last night.

Instead, they stayed up late chatting about everything else that happened in those few days that Bucky was gone. Bucky told her about the mission eagerly and how boring the propaganda shoot was. Apparently, Steve even managed to blow up this huge tank that nearly caused Bucky to faint when he saw it. Bucky couldn't stop talking about how 'Steve is bound to get himself killed if he keeps pulling stunts like this!', and just listening to him tell her about it made her laugh.

And then he had to sit around for hours while they filmed the video which bored him to death. He thought that it was ridiculous for them to take days to get a few seconds of film when he could be out helping people or at home with her.

She even smiles now as she thinks about how kind and loving Bucky had been last night. It reminded her of why she chose to be with him. Because in spite of all these problems that seem to be hurled at them left, right and center, he keeps her focused on the good in life.

But unbeknownst to Allie, Bucky wakes while she thinks quietly to herself. She doesn't notice the slight movement of his body and the small grumbles that he makes as he tries to rid the drowsiness from his body. He slightly stretches his long limbs before he notices the familiar weight that lays on his chest.

He cranes his head down and smiles when he sees Allie absentmindedly drawing shapes on the top of his bare chest as she aims her piercing stare at the white wall of their room, still oblivious to him now being awake.