𝐓𝐄𝐀𝐒𝐄𝐑

Don't forget to vote and comment x enjoy

. ☾ .

Mikael sits in his office, going through his papers when his head scientist enters the room. His footsteps echo on the dark concrete floor but Mikael doesn't flinch at the noise. Instead, he keeps his gaze trained on the file that he is holding in his hands and gestures for the man to take a seat.

The man sits down in the plain black armchair and fixes his wire glasses as he awaits for Mikael's attention. The desk that stands in front of him is devoid of any personal mementos or photographs. Instead, it is littered with confidential papers that seem to have been haphazardly arranged due to a lack of interest. The man's gaze then trails over to the bookshelf to his right. 

On one of the shelves sits one lonesome photo that features two young children. The girl and the boy hold giant smiles on their faces, allowing their naivety and innocence to shine through. The black HYDRA uniform that the two wear is barely distinguishable in the dark lighting of the photo which confuses the scientist. He knows that none of the children have ever been allowed to take photos of themselves. 

But he does not question it because the young boy is obviously Mikael as the resemblance is uncanny. It seems like he has barely aged at all since this photo was taken. However, he gulps as he recognizes that the young girl is none other than Alexandra Williams.

Or Trickery, as she is now called.

Thankfully, the scientist's train of thoughts is broken when Mikael clears his throat as he places the documents that he had previously been reading back in its pile on the desk.

"You called for me Мастер? / Master?" The scientist questions, anxiously wringing out his hands in his lap. Despite Mikael's cool facade, he was an intimidating man that nobody ever wanted to see angry which put the scientist on edge.

Because when Mikael gets angry, people lose their lives. 

And this scientist wants to walk out of this office with his heart still beating.

"I did, Maxwell." Mikael answers, cleaning up the papers on his desk. "I want to hear about the soldiers. How are they?" He asks.

Maxwell lets out a relieved sigh, glad that this is all he is wanted for. "Her progress and abilities are exponential. If she continues to advance at this rate, there is no doubt that she will be one of the best assets that HYDRA has acquired." He informs Mikael.

"And what of the Winter Soldier?" Mikael questions, maintaining a stoic face.

"Zola has attached the prosthetic arm and it seems to be a suitable fit. Both are still complicit and are beginning their intensive training." Maxwell explains and Mikael nods his head.

"Good, -" Mikael states and opens his mouth to continue on but another voice beats him to it.

"Sorry Мастер, but I do have a question." Maxwell inquires and Mikael raises a brow at him, surprised at his boldness in the face of his superior.

Luckily for Maxwell, Mikael chooses not to comment on his lack of proper etiquette. "Go ahead." He responds. 

"Was it worthwhile to use Alex- Trickery to convince the Winter Soldier to join HYDRA  when it caused such a regression of her mental state?" Maxwell asks and he almost immediately regrets his question.

Mikael's eyes flare with anger and his body becomes stiff in the chair. "Should you really be questioning your superiors on the method of such a matter when it caused the desired outcome?" He growls, reminding Maxwell of his place.