CHAPTER 51: The Grinch And The Christmas Elf

ADRIAN

I went in only to be met with over a hundred horrified faces and each of them had their phones in their hands. Whoever sent this video, sent it to everyone here.

I furiously looked around for Bryan. There was so much commotion that it was difficult to focus at anything at all. I spotted light blue and I turned towards it. There she was, Charlotte, standing with Cassandra's support. She had tears running down her mascara-stained cheeks as she sobbed. When she saw me, she looked away. I followed her line of sight and found her looking at the culprit behind this scandalous video.

"You lying piece of shit!", I yelled as I charged straight at him.

I heard Charlotte cry,"Adrian, please stop. Don't hurt him!"

I would have listened to her but not today. Not now. I had known Bryan for over more than a decade but not once in all this time, had I ever hit him but what he did today, made me forget who he was, who I was. Everything just felt like a lie and in a blind rage I punched him, square in the face.

He wasn't ready for the impact which made him fall over the recently installed glass panelling, which came down with him. He looked at me, shocked as if this wasn't the reaction he expected.

"Adrian don't do this. This will become ugly.", He warned me.

"It's already ugly.", I said as I held him by his collar but when I tried to punch him again, he deflected it and pushed me back with a hard blow on my chest. That was it. We broke into a frenzy of rage, flinging punches at each other. I felt a force pull me back, away from him but I continued to fight against it but I could only fight for so long. Soon enough, this force pulled me and Bryan away from each other.

I looked back at him. His blond hair was in a mess and blood trickled out of his nose, and down his face. Someone yelled to get first aid and another yelled that the party was over and for everyone to leave but I didn't look back or anywhere else. My eyes were fixed at this man whom I thought I knew even better than I knew myself but today he not just broke me trust but also my heart with it.

I heaved, gasping for breath and then I turned around to look at the girl I grew up with. After everything she had been through, handling her career and being a single mom, I admired her but today, I didn't recognise her anymore.

"Did you lie yesterday to go on a date with Bryan?", I demanded from Charlotte.

She swallowed but said nothing.

"I asked you a question.", I hissed.

"Hmm.", she said as she nodded her head.

"Why? Of all the people in this world, why him? Are you not done getting hurt?"

She defended Bryan," He's a good man."

"You don't have to tell me how he is. I know him from much before you. He is stupid and irresponsible. Did you even once think about Kevin or were you so selfish that you forgot you had a son?"

"I remember very well. And Bryan is not irresponsible!", she countered.

"Is that why everyone who came to this party was gifted with your sex tape?", I said with more disgust than I could imagine," And still you are defending him?"

"It wasn't his fault."

"I have slept with more women than there are days in an year. Yet, not one leaked sex tape. If it isn't his fault, whose was it?"

"I don't know! But it's not his."

"How can you be so sure and for fuck's sake, can you stop defending him!"