CHAPTER 62: Two Lovers And A Lie

A/N:Hey guys!
I know it has been very long but the month has been very emotionally taxing for me. Anyways, to make up for the lost time, here is a super long chapter that explains a lot of questions raised before. Hope you like it.

Love you all😍😍

VANESSA

I walked into a small building in Broadway which had the name Emetz scrawled across a yellow sign board with a two leaves next to it.

There was a desk in the middle of the room but no receptionist so I walked around, until my eyes fell onto the nameplate of Dorris Walters. I opened the door to a small white room with a modest office set up.

I walked up to the ebony office desk and the woman behind the desk looked up at me. I recalled from my Google search on her, she was an only child. Her father had retired four years ago, leaving her his start up and a legacy of unpayed debts.

"Real estate is a risky business...And you built a start up on it?", I asked.

"No wonder I have to sell the company now.",Dorris sighed,"You are a potential buyer, I suppose?"

"No actually. My name is Vanessa Catherine Hudson.",I stretched my hand towards the lady in her late twenties but the moment she heard my name, her expression changed.

"What does Blake's girlfriend want?", she spat, in a rich Spanish accent. That she got from her mother, a doctor from Venezuela and considering the condition of Emetz, the only earning member in the family.

"That is not my only identity.",I frowned mockingly.

"Well, it is the most important one to me. What do you want?", She said coldly, standing up and crossing her arms across her chest.

"I am here to broker a deal...a life changing deal."

"If it is regarding the purchase of Emetz, tell Blake that I won't sell it to him. Not even for a billion dollars.",she huffed.

"My my! Don't you just love your brother. Well, I won't waste time explaining, I'm on quite a deadline so, here. Read it.", I said handing over a file to her. This file had two seperate sets of papers. One was to brief her about my findings on Blake and the other was the contract that I had come here for.

Dorris set down the papers on the table after reading them twice and asked in disbelief,"Blake killed a man? For a business deal?"

"Hard to believe, isn't it? The golden boy...", I sighed.

"So now you want me to replace him as the CEO since his position is a potential risk for your plans to send him to jail?", Dorris enquired and I nodded.

"But why do you think I will do this? No matter our family disputes, he is my cousin.", She questioned.

"Oh! You will do it. Just like Blake's father and then Blake because in families like ours, blood may be thicker than water but it's not as thick as money. I learnt it the hard way, I am guessing you are smarter.", I arched an eyebrow hopefully.

"I need time to think about this."

"My contact number is on the last page, call me once you make up your mind. You have until tomorrow morning. It was a pleasure meeting you, Ms. Walters.", I shook hands with her and then left.

■■■

"So I'm guessing she agreed.",Adrian, who was sitting across from me, said. Charlotte and Paula were there too. Cassandra and Kevin didn't have an appetite for handling a business conversation so they left early on.