1.

You don't have to read this, it's just the backstory. It just explains y/n's relation to tony stark/how they met.

Six Years Before Present-Day

The walls kept shaking harder and harder. The woman next to you had strawberry-blonde hair, and it was roughed up a little.

Her bangs were frizzy and stuck up in some places.

You tried to focus on her. Focus on anything but the pain.

Whatever that man had injected into you, it had been burning your insides; the pain growing more and more intense as you tried to fight it.

The woman next to you had been with you through the whole thing. You woke up and she was already there; half-naked and standing in the capsule.

When you looked down, you had been standing, too, in a similar capsule to hers.

Then that man...the one who grabbed you off the street...he came over to you and tried injecting it into you.

One bad person to the next.

You couldn't really move, but you avoided him as best as you could.

He finally grabbed your arm tightly and forced the needle into you. It was thick; it hurt terribly. But not more than what it felt like after.

You came out of your thoughts as more shrapnel fell from the ceiling.

Tears pooled in your eyes. You were only 9; you didn't really know what was going on.

Suddenly the whole room collapsed. You were stuck under blocks of concrete, and this time you couldn't hold back.

"Help!" You screamed. "Please, help me, please!"

You were crying frantically and could barely hear the other woman trying to calm you down.

"We'll get out of here, I promise," she kept saying. It wasn't calming you down.

"Please, I don't want to die, please help me," you pleaded.

"Just stay still, I promise you're okay. I won't hurt you," she said. You could see a bit of her hair, but the rest of her body was hidden by the debris.

There was a sliding noise, and some of the debris fell away. Below the woman was a terrifying drop. You would definitely die if you fell.

There was a man's voice shouting at her and suddenly she fell—no, pushed herself off the edge.

You didn't understand why she'd done that.

You began to slide with more debris falling off.

"No, no no!" You started saying, but there was no where to you.

You closed your eyes, took a deep breath, and felt yourself falling.

You plummeted. You opened your eyes. There was no one to catch you, and the ground was getting alarmingly close.

You closed your eyes, another tear falling from your face as you prepared for impact.

You hit the ground—hard—but you weren't dead. The woman was only a few yards away from you.

"Uh...excuse m-me?" You asked.

She sat up while holding her head. "You okay?"