Epilogue.

A few Hydra agents escaped, but when Tony has finished off the rest of them, he ran to Peter.

Peter tried to hold it together as Tony approached him, but he couldn't do it.

"Peter? I saw y/n, where is she? Is she safe?"

Peter's eyes watered; he couldn't say anything. He knew you hadn't made it. Karen was displaying your vitals.

"Peter?"

He wouldn't meet Tony's eyes.

"Peter! Where is she!?"

"Mr. Stark, I'm so sorry—" he tried to say but started crying.

"F.R.I.D.A.Y," said Tony. "Give me y/n's vitals."

"There is no heartbeat or breathing pattern detected."

Tony's eyes widened as he realized that you were gone.

His y/n. The girl he saved, his daughter he loved and would do anything for.

He saw Peter crying and couldn't take it. He slowly approached Peter and hugged him, mainly to hide his own grief from Peter.

Peter held on tightly to Tony and his body shook as he cried. He cried for you, he cried for Tony, he cried for Pepper.

Tony was trying to hold back his tears, to be strong for Peter. Finally, he let it out. Peter felt Tony's body shake against his own, and it only made him feel worse.

Tony calmed down enough to wipe his eyes and take a few breaths.

"Where is she?" He asked, pulling away from Peter.

Peter collected himself and pointed in the direction of your body.

The both of them slowly and solemnly walked to the fallen helicopter. Your arms were spread out and you were laying on your stomach. You looked just like Peter had left you.

Peter had to look away. He couldn't look at your body. He couldn't look at you like that.

"She pushed me out of the way. She killed herself to save me," said Peter.

Tony had to smile. That was you, always thinking that your life wasn't worth risking anyone else's.

"Did she say anything?"

"She said she knew the agents would never leave you alone. She knew they'd go after you until they had her, or until..."

"Until she was dead?"

Peter nodded.

The police by this time had arrived. They talked to Tony and Peter had left and hidden. He hated leaving Tony alone, but he knew he had to.

Tony talked to the police and soon the emergency responders were putting you on a gurney and covering your body. You were gone. He had really lost you.

After dealing with the police, he received a call from Pepper. He flew up to the roof of a nearby building to answer her.

"Tony, I saw on the news, what happened? Is everyone okay?! Where are y/n and Peter?"

"I think we should save this for when I'm home."

"What!? Tony?"

But Tony had already hung up. He took off and flew to the Tower as fast as he could.

He arrived through the front doors, which was an unusual entrance for him, but he figured Pepper would be there.

When he got inside, she was standing in the middle of the lobby, waiting for you, him, and Peter.