7.

Monday couldn't come fast enough. Tyler still hadn't texted you, and you didn't really want to text him.

But finally, Monday came. You practically jumped out of bed when your alarm went off.

You were going to ask Tyler. You weren't the type of girl to ever ask someone out. But Peter and had given you confidence. He couldn't be your only source of happiness.

You put on a cute but comfy outfit for school and nearly skipped outside.

You didn't see your dad on the way out, so you texted him that you were grabbing coffee with a friend after school and would be home around five.

Happy was waiting outside, so you quickly climbed in and smiled at him.

"You're in a good mood, Ms. Stark."

"I'm not grounded anymore," you said, which was true. Not exactly why you were like this,
though.

"Good for you," said Happy.

"Oh! I almost forgot. Can you pick me up around five from the coffee shop? It's the one up the road from here," you said, looking at your phone. It had buzzed with a text from Tyler.

"Sure," he said, but you weren't paying attention. Tyler's text read:

Meet me by my locker. See you there :)

You smiled. Perfect time to tell him instead of waiting until you got coffee.

Okay, you replied, smiling and shutting off your phone.

The drive to school seemed to drag on for forever. You flung the door open and practically ran to Tyler's locker. You were way too enthusiastic.

You got inside when it hit you: anxiety. Why were you doing this? He was probably going to say no. Why would he want to go with you?

But you took a deep breath and thought of Peter. He wanted you to be happy. Even if it was without him.

Your heart pounded in your chest as you approached him. He was looking at his phone, leaning up against his open locker.

"Tyler?" You asked. He looked up and immediately smiled. You felt your knees go weak. He was quite handsome.

"Hey, y/n. Thanks for meeting me."

You felt a blush creep up your neck and cheeks. "Of course. What's the reason?"

He bit his lip and turned to face away from you. He was smiling when he turned back to you.

"I was thinking...maybe we could go to homecoming together? If you're not already going with someone—"

"I'd love to," you smiled.

His face lit up. "Really? Okay...yeah. That's great. Awesome."

"We're still up for coffee, right?" You asked.

"Oh, uh, yea. Sure." A couple baseball boys passed by us. "I'll see you then, okay? I gotta go."

"Okay," you said, smiling, but he was already down the hall with the other boys.

You smiled. You didn't even have to ask anything.

You went to your locker and spotted Sam not too far from you. You were still blushing and smiling, and she noticed.