21.

Peter got there pretty quickly. You went to the lobby when he was about five minutes away and met him at the door.

"Y/n! Oh my gosh, what are you doing up? You're all bruised and...the concussion!"

"Peter, I'm fine," you laughed. "Dad sent one of his doctors ten minutes ago and I got checked out. No broken bones, no concussions."

He didn't seem to really relax at your words, but he followed you upstairs anyways.

You got back in your bed; you were still pretty sore.

"So what happened?" Peter asked as he sat on your bed.

You explained how you'd gone to the station and upon exiting, got attacked.

"Holy crap," he said.

Your phone buzzed next to you. A text from Tony read: the house is on lockdown until we can be sure the agents aren't coming here. Peter's with you, right?

You replied: yes.

"Building's on lockdown," you said to Peter. His eyes widened. "It won't be for long. Just to make sure no one who could be harmed leaves."

Peter nodded.

"I hate to bother you but can you hand me that ice pack over there?" You pointed to an ice pack a few feet away from Peter.

"No, it's fine," he said, grabbing it and handing it to you.

"Can I ask one more favor?" You smiled.

He laughed. "Sure."

"Can you put it on my back while I sit up? It's kind of hard to do it myself."

"Um...y-yeah, sure."

He helped you sit up while he positioned it on your lower back.

"Thanks, Pete."

You laid back down and the ice immediately made it feel better.

It was quiet for a moment. "I'm anticipating tomorrow more than usual Mondays," you sighed.

"It'll be okay. Your girlfriends have got your back, Ned and I will beat up anyone we have to."

You laughed. "Please don't do that."

"I won't. As long as Tyler stays away from you."

You didn't even know if Tyler was going to be at school tomorrow. What if he passed the sobriety test? He most likely would; alcohol was out of your system in hours. The only way to prove would be if he had a hangover.

"Yeah, Tyler. He...well he called me last night."

"He what?" There was an unfamiliar venom in his voice.

"He called me. I picked up and he was just being rude, it was nothing, Pete..."

"He tried to...tried to assault you and you're just going to let it go like that?" He was creeping towards hostility.

"Pete, calm down—"

"You can't just let people walk all over you, y/n! Tyler hurt you and you shouldn't just be brushing it off like that—"

"That's the only way I have to cope! You don't know what I've been through and had to deal with. You don't even know how I got here, Peter! I'm not Stark's daughter! His...his real daughter, I mean."

"I...I don't know...I don't know what came over me, gosh, y/n, I'm so sorry..." he put his face in his hands.

"It's alright Pete. I know you just worry and care about me. Just...try not to say things like that in the future?"