4.

You groaned as you rolled over in your warm covers to hit the snooze button on your alarm. You had been reading—or trying to read, but kept getting distracted by Peter's smile in your mind—until early in the morning.

You knew you probably looked terrible. And that Peter would think the same.

You got dressed and like usual, Happy took you to school. You looked over your AP Chem notes again, trying to get in any extra study time possible.

He slowed to a stop in front of school, so you finished putting away your notes and hopped out of the car. You had never seen Peter before in the mornings, so you figured he got here around a different time than you. You pulled out your phone and texted Peter:

'Hey. Text me when you get to school.'

You saw he was typing.

'Already here. I'm studying w/ Ned in the Library. Wanna join?'

You began walking towards the library. You had about fifteen minutes until you needed to be in class. The more study time, the better.

'Omw,' you texted.

You walked in and spotted Sam, talking to Allie. Allie, Becca, and Sam were your only real friends besides Peter. You had known them since the middle of freshman year.

You looked around, but you couldn't seem to find Peter. Finally, you spotted him in the corner. You made eye contact and his face lit up, smiling cheek to cheek.

You waved and hurried over to him. You sat in the open seat facing Sam and Allie's table.

You noticed that she kept glancing your way. You were lost in thought as you stared at her, wondering what she was looking at you for.

"Y/n? Y/n!" You snapped out of it at Peter's voice.

He looked at you, concern knitting his eyebrows again. "Sorry."

"You sure you're okay? You've been zoning out lately a lot. Your dad's not going to be happy if something happens to you on my watch," said Peter.

"Whoa. You're her bodyguard? Mr. Stark let you do that? That's so cool," said Ned.

"I didn't know he was my bodyguard," you said, flipping to the right page in your textbook.

"I'm just supposed to look out for you. That's all," said Peter, his face getting red.

"Can we just get back to Chem? The test is Thursday and I really don't want to bomb it," you said, trying to get the conversation away from stuff involving your dad. It never went well.

"Yeah," agreed Peter. You were about to skim over your notes again when the first bell rang.

"I guess we have to get to class. We can study during lunch maybe?" You asked.

"I can't during lunch, I have to help a teacher clean up since I missed class last week," said Peter.

"Okay. Are you free again this afternoon?" You asked.

"Yea, but can we study at my place? I don't want Mr. Stark to get mad at me again," said Peter.

You laughed. "That fine with you Ned?"