3.

Calc was finally over. You packed up as fast as possible, and headed to the east stairway.

Of course, the universe couldn't just let you get there scratch-free. You saw your old friend, Tyler, approaching. You had managed to avoid him up until now.

"Oh, hey, y/n! We haven't talked in a while," said Tyler. You and Tyler had been friends last year and you had pushed him away, just like you had pushed away Liz. Tyler had gotten close to you and you had pushed him away. You thought he hated you.

You were scared you'd do the same thing to Peter.

"Hey, Tyler." You smiled.

"You maybe want to hang sometime? Maybe catch up? I really missed you last year. We became distant, I thought you maybe didn't want to talk to me," he said, looking past you.

"No, I just—I got busy. It's a habit I have to push people away when I'm stressed," I lied. "I thought you were mad at me so I was too scared to talk to you again."

"Mad at you? Never! You were always kind to me," he smiled.

"I'm sorry Tyler, I have to go. But how about I text you tonight?" You smiled.

"Oh yeah, sure. Talk to you later, then, I guess." He half-smiled at you and walked in the other direction.

You had to admit, you did miss Tyler. You made a mental note to make sure you didn't forget to text him tonight.

You arrived at the east stairway like planned, and of course, Peter was already there.

You apologized profusely for making him wait.

"It's okay, y/n," he smiled. "It's only been a few minutes anyway."

"Thank you," you said, as you both walked outside to the parking lot. You spotted Happy's car in its usual spot, so you walked over to it, Peter trailing behind you.

Happy rolled down the window. "Good afternoon, Miss Stark."

"Hey, Happy. Peter Parker is coming home with me today."

He looked behind you to Peter. "Your Dad know?" He asked.

"No. But he'll be fine with it. I'm sure he's just glad I made a new friend." You turned and smiled at Peter.

You opened the door and climbed inside, scooting all the way to the other side. Peter climbed in after you and shut the door.

"It's nice in here," he said, turning to you. "I mean, I wouldn't expect anything else from Mr. Stark."

You turned to him again with an expression like, you still haven't explained how you know Happy or why you're calling my dad 'Mr. Stark.'

He looked at you with pleading eyes, probably asking you not to tell your dad again.

Suddenly, in the car, with just you, Peter, and Happy, you felt comfortable again. You felt like yourself. The normal teenage girl. You weren't scared, nervous or insecure. You were smiling.

You arrived at the new facility quickly and climbed out. Peter followed you.

At the door, the guards let you both through. "Ms. Stark, Mr. Parker," they said as you passed.

"This is creeping me out, Peter. Are you going to tell me how you know my dad?" You asked.

He looked at you with a scared look. "You aren't supposed to know. Mr. Stark didn't want me to tell you. So please don't tell him. He'll take my s—I mean—my privileges away."