10.

All of your classes seemed to drag on forever. Luckily for you, you had lunch with Peter today.

Tyler's class was next to yours, and as much as you liked him, you wanted to apologize to Peter. After all, he was your friend before Tyler. Not exactly, but as of this year he was. And Peter seemed to care a lot more about you.

You fast-walked to the cafeteria and tried your best to get there before Tyler.

You spotted Peter at his usual table. He didn't have lunch with Ned today, so it'd just be you two and whoever else joined.

You placed your lunch bag on the table and sat down next to Peter. He looked up at you with those puppy-dog eyes he always seemed to have.

"Peter, I am so, so sorry for the way I acted earlier, it was mean, and I shouldn't have let Tyler walk me, it just happened in the moment...I didn't mean to leave you there alone and I'm really sorry—"

"Y/n," he said as he grabbed your hand. "It's okay. You can be with other guys."

"That's not what I meant. I shouldn't have just left you there. It was mean."

He looked at his lap. "It kinda hurt."

"And that's why I'm saying I'm sorry. Because it was rude and I never should have done it."

But it didn't hurt Peter because you left him there; it hurt him because he really liked you, and he had to let you walk away with a guy like Tyler. A guy he could never compete with.

"I forgive you."

He let go of your hand and began to eat lunch.

"So, Peter," you said, opening up your yogurt. "Bradley on the baseball team is hosting a pre-hoco party this weekend, and everyone's invited. I know Ned's not here, but I was thinking maybe you both would want to come? Tyler and I are going."

"I don't know," he said. He didn't want to watch you and Tyler be all cute together for four hours, but he was unofficially supposed to watch over you. Plus, Ned could come, so he wouldn't be all alone.

"You'll have fun, I promise. We can still hang out at the party, I'm not going to be with Tyler the whole time."

"I'll go. I'll just have to ask Aunt May."

"Let her know I'm going, it'll probably sway her to let you go."

"Okay."

You both finished your lunches relatively quickly, and had about ten minutes to talk before the bell rang.

"Are your bruises okay?" You asked.

"Yeah. Just a little sore."

"Did Tyler hit one when he clapped your shoulder?"

He winced at the memory. "Yeah. Not exactly a bruise, but I fell hard on it yesterday."

"Oh."

He took a sip of his water.

"You never did tell me what happened," you said. "Only if you want to, though, I don't want to pressure you."

He looked at your eyes, then at his lap. "Not here."

"Okay," you smiled. "At your house?"

"Sure, but I have a meeting today after school, so you can still come over, you"ll just have to wait, if that's okay."

"Yeah, that's fine," you smiled.

The bell rang and you walked to your next class, AP World History. Of course, the only two classes you had together were AP.