15.

Aunt May came in with fast food breakfast, which you liked every once in a while.

You usually were at home for breakfast, so there was no need to get fast food.

Peter came out of his room in the outfit he had been wearing when she left. Everyone sat at the table and ate what they had ordered.

"So are you two excited for the party tonight?"

Your eyes lit up. "Super excited."

"Peter's never really been one for parties, but I think he's going to enjoy this one," she smiled.

Peter blushed a little. "I just don't like a lot of commotion, or loud music..." he mumbled.

"Aunt May, can Ned come over like an hour before the party to get ready with us?"

"Of course." She looked at you. "And Happy is still taking you to the party, right?"

"Yes, it's not too far so he's getting us around six."

May nodded and got up, grabbed any trash and threw it away.

She busied herself in the kitchen, cleaning any of the burned pancake remains.

"Peter..." you said.

He looked up. "What?"

"I think you know this but—well I'm not really sure what he told you—those helicopters, they were from Hydra. They're coming for me."

"He didn't tell me, I thought it was just an attack...oh y/n..."

"I know, Pete. That's why he doesn't want me home in case...in case they come there for me."

"He won't let them take you. He won't, right?"

"He loves me like his own—and legally, I am—" you took in a deep breath. "—he wouldn't do something like that. Though, quite honestly, I wish I wasn't such a burden to him...he's putting himself and my mom through so much."

"I know it seems hard to realize it, but your parents love you, that's why they're endangering themselves. They'd be heartbroken if you died, you know that y/n."

You nodded. "I know, it's just not fair that they have to care for a child that's not even their own..."

"They could've given you to fury, but they didn't, because they care about you and they want to protect you. Mr. Stark knew what could happen."

"I'm sorry, Pete, I didn't mean to make things so deep and upsetting; today's the party, maybe we should just forget about that right now."

He nodded. "How about a movie to get things off our minds?"

You smiled. "Sure. I haven't seen (movie you haven't seen but want to watch), if you want to watch that."

"Me too, I added it to my list ages ago and just never watched it."

You both went to his room to watch the movie on the computer. You could turn the lights on and watch the movie without Aunt May listening in.

Peter put his comforter around the two of you, and you could smell him again in his sheets.

At the end of the movie, you turned to Peter. "So good."

He smirked. "So, so good."

"So...what should we do now?" You asked.

Peter shrugged.

You looked up a list of things to do when at home, and the first ten or so ideas didn't seem fun to either of you.