Chapter Three

Leo's POV

The rest of the week went but quicker than I expected. I didn't have classes on Tuesday or Thursday. I go to school  three days out of the week. So I have time to do my assignments.

The other is that all week, Adrian hasn't said a word to me. Kellie has, she is like my first friend here. She amazing. She tells me all the places to go party. I'm not a party person. I was sitting under a tree, on the grass. I was finishing up my English paper. Why did they have to give an essay for everything?

    "Hey Leo." Kellie said as she sat down beside me. Adrian wasn't with her. He's probably avoiding me.

    "Hey Kellie. Where's Adrian?" I asked. I'm still typing away on my laptop.

    "Oh, he didn't want to come with me. I told him I was going to talk to you, but he said that he didn't want to come. He's not good with people."

    "Yeah I realized. He's a bit reserved."

    "Yeah, he's been that way for his whole life. He hates crowd. Tons of people freak him out. So I came here to ask you to come to our move in party."

    "A party. I'm not really a party person, Kellie. You just said Adrian doesn't do well with crowds. Isn't he going to be uncomfortable with a bunch of people around him."

   "Well, he said it's okay. He said he'll stay locked in his room until it's over."

   "Okay, sure I'll come. I won't promise that I'll have fun." I told her. She left a few minutes later.

A party. Maybe I can finally talk to Adrian. I realized that I like him. He's the first person I liked, believe it or not. I have never really liked anyone. It confused me, because firstly he's a guy and secondly, the feeling was all so new to me.

I was standing in front of my mirror. I was trying to figure out what to wear. I finally settled with, a white t-shirt and plain black jeans. I exited my apartment and went next door. There was a note on the door.

"Don't knock, just come in."

I turned the knob. Inside there were tons of people. I have a feeling there are more to come.

    "Leo!" It was Kellie. "You came. It's the party amazing? You want a drink?"

    "No thank you, I don't drink." She nodded and turned back to her party. I felt out of place. I never been to something like this. My father would be outraged, if he saw me in a place like this. I can still hear what he told me when I turned sixteen. "Leonard, we are suppose to set an example. So we don't fraternize with the wrong crowd. Our family is built on the foundation of respect and integrity. We have an imagine to uphold, don't forget that. It will soon be your time to carry on that legacy." I followed his rules and examples, until he went too far. I had to get away.

I walked around for a few minutes, until I found Kellie again.

   "Hey Kellie. Where's Adrian?"

   "He's in his room. It's the second one." She told me and then went back to partying. I don't get the excitement.

I made my way down the walkway. I knocked on the door that I guess is supposed to be Adrian's room. I did get an answer. I knocked again. This time I heard movement and then the door opened.

    "Ye–, oh it's you."

    "I feel so welcomed. Yes it me." I said. He was about close the door, but I used my foot to stop the door from closing.

   "What do you want?" He asked. He sounded annoyed. He didn't want to talk to me, but I'm just happy that he is talking to me.

    "Nothing really. I just wanted to check on you, to see if you're okay." I told him. I know, I'm bad at this. As I said before, I have never done this before.

    "I'm okay, so are you done? I don't have time for this." He stated. "Do you mind?" He looked down on my foot.

   "Umm, can I come in?" He shook his head. "Please. I don't want to be out there. It's not exactly my scene." I told him. He seemed indecisive, then he nodded. I entered and closed the door.

He sat on his bed and I on a chair at his desk. It was awkward. Neither one of us spoke.

    "S-so, um, what do you want exactly." He stuttered over his words. He's nervous, I guess I'm not the only one.

     "Well, Kellie and I are friends, so why can't we be?" I asked.

He sat silently. He was looking at everything, but me.

    "I'm not good with people. My only friend is Kellie. She had to make the first move. I'm good with only one friend."

    "Well I have no friends here though."

    "With all the girls throwing themselves at you?"

    "Are you watching me, Adrian?" He averted his eyes and looked down. I chuckled. "I'm kidding."

We sat in his room for I don't know how long. We didn't really have full on conversation. He's not a talker. The party ended and people left. It was around one in the morning.

Kellie was out cold. Adrian and I helped her to her room. She was mumbling about something, we couldn't understand what she said.

   "So I'll get going. See you tomorrow?" I said and I stood at the opened door.

    "We don't have class tomorrow." He stated.

   "We don't have always hangout at school. We live next to each other. What about you take me on a tour of the city? To your favorite places."

   "I don't know."

   "Please. I'm new here. I really need help. Come on."

   "Fine. Meet tomorrow at ten?" He sighed. I nodded and left.

Just the thought of tomorrow made me excited. I'm so happy to spend the day with Adrian. I hope I don't make a fool of myself.

************************************
A/N: It will get better promise. I hope you stick around to see where their story goes.

Till next time

—flirtatiousbae