Chapter Fifteen

Sorry for the late update. I have been feeling down for a while, but I promise I won't abandon this story.

Please enjoy this update.
****************

Leo's POV

How long has it been? It feels like months have past since I left, but it's only been over a week. I miss him, I miss them. I miss everything I had in New York.

I have barely felt my room. I know that may make me sound like some spoiled teen, but in my my defense I'm still kind of a teen. Also, if your were having the time of your life and then your father just comes and drag you back home, wouldn't you be a bit upset too. Be honest.

The moment I came back I went straight to find my mother. She was in bed sick. It wasn't anything serious. She was so stressed, worrying about me and it took it's toll on her. I never felt so guilty in my life. I didn't mean to cause her any pain. I was only thinking about what I want and not how it would affect my family. She is better now, I think it has to do with that I'm back home, where she knows I'm safe. She comes to talk with me occasionally.

I sighed and plopped down onto my bed. I stared at the ceiling. I'm bored. Even though I didn't do a lot back in New York, but it was way more than I did here. I had school and I had an amazing life.

My father has been busy ever since we came back. He barely talked to me when we came back. I don't want to talk to him either so, that's good, I guess.

   "Hey." I looked to see Thea. She is happy I'm back, but she knows that this is the last thing I want.

   "Hey princess. Are you okay?" I asked her.

   "Yeah. I just came to check on you, I guess. You have barely left your room and I'm starting to worry."

   "I'm fine." I told her. She came over and sat in the chair beside my bed.

    "Lair. I know you. You want to go back. You miss what you had there." She said, looking at me.

She knows me well.

   "Yeah. I loved it there. I had what I didn't here. Freedom."

   "I understand. When I was talking to Maya, she also told me you had someone special there too." She looked at me and raised an eyebrow at me.

I scratched the back of my head. I haven't told anyone about Adrian. The only person who knows about him is Maya.

    "Yeah, I, um, yeah I do. But it's not what you think."

   "How so?"

    "Well, you see. The person I'm involved with is a guy." I told her. It's not that I'm ashamed of what Adrian and I have. It's more like, this is all new to me, so telling my family or anyone, is kind of scary.

   "Oh."

After she said that we fell into a awkward silence. I don't know what she's thinking. Thea is very open-minded. She doesn't judge people. Her silence is kind of freaking me out.

    "Wow. I didn't know you were into same sex relationships." She finally said.

    "It just happened. I didn't think I was attracted to guys either. I still don't know, but I know that I'm in love with Adrian." I told her.

    "Adrian? So that's his name, huh?" She said, with a little smirk on her face.

   "Yeah. That's his name."

    "Tell me about him." She said. Getting comfortable.

    "He's amazing, he's shy also. He loves to read. We actually went to a book reading for our first date. You remember that author that came to the palace. She nodded. "She's his favorite author. So we went to her new book reading."