Chapter Seventeen

The car pulled into her driveway. I got out of the car and so did Collun. One of Maya's butlers came and got someone to take the car. I walked up the steps that led to the front door. I was about to knock when the door flew opened. It was Damion, the keeper of the house.

    "Hello Damion." I said to him with a smile.

    "Your Royal Highness." He addressed me with a bow. I sighed.

    "Damion how many times do we have to go over this. It's Leo, you can call me Leo."

    "As you wish your highness." He said again, letting me in the house. I sighed again. I give up. "Lady Maya is waiting for you in the indoor garden." I nodded in response.

He will never call me Leo. I know it was a waste of time to ask him to. He has know me since I was a toddler, well a lot of people do, but he has taken care of me and Maya for our whole life. As far as I can remember, he always called me 'Your Royal Highness' or 'Your Highness'.

I walked towards the indoor garden. You might ask, an indoor garden. Well yes Maya's family, mostly her father loves gardening. I stopped outside the door.

    "Collun." I turned to him. "You can wait here. I'm completely safe and I won't cause any problems. I promise." I told him and gave him a smile. He only nodded.

I held the knob of the door, I was nervous, I had no idea why. I just was. I turned it and opened the door. The room was so beautiful. Flowers were planted everywhere. From roses to orchids. When I said the Maya's father loved gardening, I mean he really loves it. The roof here was special. It could open and let in sun light and rain if they wanted. It was currently opened.

I walked some more and finally spotted Maya. She was sitting by the fountain that was in the center of the room. It was average sized greyish white one. It was very beautiful though. She was on her phone. When she finally looked up, she saw me walking towards her.

     "Leo." She said and got up. When I got to her, she gave me hug so tight, I thought I was going to crushed to death. "I haven't seen you in so long."

    "Umm, Maya, I can't breath." I said lightly tapping her back.

    "I'm so sorry. I got ahead of myself there." She laughed, while letting me go.

We both sat down where she was sitting. It was silent for a few seconds before she finally spoke.

    "I'm sorry I was unable to speak with you for some time."

     "That's okay, you were busy. I completely understand. You're here now and that's all that matters. So what did you want to talk to me about. That you had me convince my mother to let me come to you. You know how hard it was to convince her." I told her. She just rolled her eyes at me. Knowing it was not that hard to convince my mother let me come here.

    "It something very very important." She told me. I could see that little mischievous glint in her eyes, she gets this when she up to something.

    "What did you do now?" I asked. I was confused and admittedly a little scared.

    "Don't say I never did anything for you." She said. I was about to ask was she meant by that, when I was interrupted by another voice.

     "Missed me stranger?" I turned to the voice and my jaw dropped.

I stood up, still a little shocked. What is going on?

    "Are you just going to stand there and gape at me. You'll catch flies you know."

    "K-Kellie?" She nodded. "What are you doing here?" I asked her, while slowly walking up to her. I gave her a hug, similar to the one Maya gave me, but not as deadly.