Chapter Eighteen

Leo's POV

We left Maya's house a few minutes later. I was a little nervous showing Adrian around. It's not like I don't want to, it's just….well I don't want people to recognize me. I tried my best to cover up as best as possible, but it's hard. I wore a sunglasses and a scarf, it's starting to get cold here in Maldovia, so that came in handy.

    "Hey, it's okay if we don't do the tour. This is different from back home. Everyone here knows who you are. I don't think you know it, but you are quite a big deal here." He said. I laughed at him attempt to take my mind off everything.

    "Yeah, I know, but I want to do this for you. You showed me your home, so it's time to share mine. I want you to know this Leo too, where he came from. I know I hid him from you. I know that caused a lot of pain for the both of us. I'm sorry again. I shouldn't have done that. I know better now."

He stopped and looked around, we were in an ally way. It's like a short cut to the main street. I had Cullon leave us there. He's still following us though.

   "Hey, I know how badly you feel about all that happened. I know. I told you already, that I forgive you. I was angry. I have never been hurt like that before. I wanted to come find you and punch you in the face." He said with a little laugh.

    "I'm sorry I hurt you so much. You mean a lot to me. I never want to hurt you again. I'll do my best to never do it. If I ever do it again, you have my full permission to punch me." He laughed out loud at my words.

    "Noted." He said. He grabbed my hand, pulling me to the main street. When we reached there, he let go of my hand. I felt a ping in my chest at that, but I know why he did it. My reputation. I'm the crowned prince. I want to grab back his hand, but I refrained from it. "Wow." He said.

There were little booths like set up on the sides of the street. This is because we are still in the tourist season. People lined the street buying things and talking with the locals. I was looking to see if anyone recognized me. No one seemed to notice. I let out breath of relief.

    "You wanna buy something?" I asked. He turned to me.

    "Can we?" He said with a big, bright smile on his face. I nodded and I don't know if it's possible, but his smile got bigger. I handed him some money that I have. American dollars aren't really used in Maldovia.

He went up to a stand, where a lady was selling what I think are necklaces, with the Maldovian crest engraved into a pendent. I stood back while he looked through the different colors and design. I can't risk getting too close. The locals could recognize me, if they get a better look at me. I looked around at the crowd. I spotted Cullon standing a few feet away. He's trying to not draw attention to us.

    "Hey, what do you think of this?" My attention was once again brought back to Adrian. He held a blue necklace up in front of him.

    "I like it." I told him.

     "Great, cause I also got one for you and Kellie." He said and held up two more, red and purple. I laughed.

     "Thank you. I'm sure Kellie would love it."

We continued our tour. I took him to all the most famous places in Maldovia. Places that I knew he would like. I even got him a book or two, maybe three. To finish off our tour I took him to one of Maldovia's biggest parks. It has a large fountain at the center and surrounding it are little holes that water sprouts from every hour. This only really happens during summer, since it's getting colder here it doesn't happen as much. Today just happened to be one of those days that it does.