Chapter Nineteen

Okay so I have another surprise for you.

Dun....

Dun....

Dun....

Maya's POV

Yes we have Maya's POV. So I decided I wanted to put us in the mind of Maya. Her friendship with Leo and stuff.

This is a shorter chapter that usually.

I really hope you enjoy it.

Now let's go.

*******************************
Maya's POV

I watched as Leo's car left through the gate. I turned from the window.

     "So that went well, to be honest Adrian, I thought you would explode on him and say you never wanted to see him again." I told him with a laugh.

    "You wound me Maya." He laughed. "I was upset with him, but I thought it's best to hear him out."

     "Well, it's good you did. Leo is a good person. He doesn't do what he does to hurt anyone intentionally. He just wanted to get away you know." He nodded at my statement.

I left them talking to each other. Kellie asking about Maldovia. I smiled to myself. It's the first time in a long time I have heard chatter in this house.

I made my way into my room. I finally exhale. This could have gone sideways. To be honest, I know it wouldn't. Adrian cares a lot for Leo.

I looked around my bedroom. I see photos of me and my family, but mostly photos of me and Leo. Leo and I go way back.

Our families knew each other. The queen and my mother were the best of friends, they still are. So naturally they wanted their children to be friends. We became best friends, one that rivaled that of our parents. I remembered when we were just starting at the academy. We were around five years old. Some of the other boys and girls were harassing me. Leo stood up for me. I remembered actually what he told them.

    "If you don't leave my best friend alone. I'll make a father, who is the king by the way, banish you to our dungeon."

I laughed at the memory. He was my hero, the kids left me alone after that. Over the years it's been like that, Leo always looking out for me. Protecting me, even in relationships. He would always be there to listen to me rant about my exes and he would try to cheer me up. I love him very much. He's like a brother that I never had.

I knew how Leo felt about the crown. The times he would call me in the middle of the night. Telling me, how he's so stressed out. The pressure that he feels. How he wished he wasn't the first born. Growing up he was never as excited about being the future king as everyone around him was. The whole country seemed to be more excited about it than the actual person who was supposed to be excited.

I watched him break down in front of me multiple times. He didn't share this with anyone, but me. He feared his father would find out and be upset with him. He was scared to disappoint his mother. Everyone was looking to him. To be the king, to rule as his father, grandfather and previous kings had before. The thought alone stressed me out, I could only imagine what he was feeling. Even though he told me, I would never understand what he went through.

So when he came to me and said he wanted to leave, get away. I didn't think twice before helping him. It was my turn to help him, to be there for him. He needed me.

It was scary as hell. Going against the king, helping the future king run away. We were in over our heads. Even though we knew there was a high possibility we would get caught, we still did it anyways and was successful for a time being.

If he asked me to do it again, I would. I would do anything for him. That's why I went to get Adrian. That's the best thing I could do in the moment. He was happy, I wanted that back for him.

I sighed. Now I'm worried. Leo's fight is far from over. The king will do whatever it takes to ensure the future of this country. We have to figure something out, before Leo has no other choice, but to be king.

I heard a knock on my door.

    "Come in." I said. Adrian poked his head in.

    "Well, you know we were kind of exploring and we found out you had a home theater. We were planning on watching a movie. You want to join us?" He said. I let out a little chuckle at the innocent look on his face. Now I know why Leo loves him so much. He's so cute.

    "Sure why not. I'll meet you there." I told him. He gave a smile and then he was gone.

I sighed again.

We definitely have to find a way. We just have to. If we don't. I'm not just worried for Leo, but Adrian too. He would have to let Leo go, if he's crowned. There's no doubt about it.

So what the hell do we do now?

***********************
A/N: That was a short chapter in Maya's POV. How did you like it?

Please continue reading their story. Thank you

Till next time

—flirtatiousbae