Chapter Twenty-one

Leo's POV

When I left my mother's room, I went back to mine. I grabbed my phone and called Maya.

     "What's up Leo?" She answered. I could hear yelling in the background. It sounded like Kellie and Adrian. "Sorry about the noise. Your boyfriend and his best friend has been at it for the last half an hour about what show to watch. Please save me." She said.

    "We have a problem, a major one. I'm coming over right now." I told her.

    "What's wrong?" She asked, sounding serious now.

    "I'll tell you when I get there." I hung up after. I changed and left my room. "Collun, I'm leaving." I told him, he was standing at my door as always.

     "Your highness, I'm under strict instructions from his Majesty to not let you leave." He said. Standing in front of me.

     "Look, Collun, I'm sorry but I'm leaving. I have no time for this. My father might tell you that I shouldn't leave, but I don't care." He stood his ground. "You got to be kidding me!"

      "I'm sorry Prince Leonard."

      "Please, Collun. I need to leave. Please." I'm desperate, I need to get out of here.

We had a full on staring contest for I don't even know how long. He didn't say one word to me, as he stepped out of my way. I nodded at him and continued walking. He was right behind me. At least he's allowing me to leave.

When I got to Maya's house, I didn't waste anytime. I went straight for the door. I opened it.

    "Your highness." Damion said, when I entered.

    "Where is she?"

    "Miss Maya and her guests are in the kitchen." I thanked him and made my way to the kitchen.

The closer I got, voices became clearer.

    "I told you not to do that!"

    "I didn't know it would boil over like that!"

    "Guys please don't burn my house down!"

When I entered the kitchen, I saw Kellie taking a pot off the stove. They didn't notice me. Not yet. I stood and watch as Kellie and Adrian bicker about Kellie's lack of cooking skills and Maya standing in a corner watching them, shaking her head in disappointment.

    "Am I interrupting something?" I finally said. All three heads, turned in my direction.

Adrian was the first to move. He pulled me into a hug. I hugged him back.

    "Why didn't you call me and let me know you were here?" Maya said.

    "I thought I would surprise you." I told her.

    "Anyways. What was it that you wanted to tell me?" She pushed herself out of the corner she was in. She walked over to the counter in the middle of the room and lean down on it, giving me her full attention.

   "We could leave, if this is some private matter." Adrian said. Pulling away from me. I pulled him back.

     "No, that won't be necessary. I want you guys to here this as well." I said.

We stood there in silence, for a few seconds. I'm gathering my nerves to say this. I'm worried about Adrian, what he would say, think. We just fixed our relationship and this could ruin it again. I knew I should have told him about it before, but I thought I had time, you know. I took one last deep breath.

     "Ivory is here." I finally said. Everyone was confused, except for Maya.

     "What? When?" She said. Standing up straight.

     "Yesterday."

      "I'm sorry to interrupt, but who is Ivory?" Kellie asked.

I looked a Maya, she must have seen the nervous look on my face. She gave me a little nod. Assuring me that it's going to be okay.

      "Ivory, well Princess Ivory, is my fiancee." I felt Adrian force himself from my embrace.

     "What?" Kellie and Adrian said at the same time.

     "Fiancee? When? How?" Adrian asked.

     "Yes, since we were young, it has been a well know fact that we were going to get married one day." I told them. "I didn't know that it would catch up so fast. My father wants to announce our engagement the day after tomorrow."

     "What?! I thought that wouldn't be announced for another year."

     "He said, because of everything that's going on, he moved it up. That I had lost focus of my duty." I sighed.

I looked over to Adrian. He was so confused, like he's trying to process all this. I know we've just started to move forward again and I drop this bomb on him.

     "So what do we do now?" This question came from Adrian. "I'm not going through what I did a couple weeks ago, that feeling was awful. This might sound selfish, but I'm not letting you go again, not to your father and certainly not to some princess. So I ask again, what are we going to do?"

We all turned to look at him. We were all shocked. This is not like Adrian.

    "What? Did I say something wrong? Stop looking at me like I'm crazy!" We started to laugh. Even in times like this we can still find a way to laugh. I guess if you are with the right people, even in the darkest of dark, you can still find a little light. Or something like that.

We stood there, each trying to figure out what the heck we are going to do. I'm not leaving Adrian, not again.

     "We could just confront your parents, I mean what harm could that do. It's not like y'all have a dungeon that they can throw us in, right?" Kellie said.

     "Honestly, I don't know. I'm scared of what they would think you know. My father is not the most open-minded person I know. My mother might not be a problem and my siblings already know, well Christopher and Thea, I don't know about Victoria." I told them.

      "Hey, look I know your scared, but I'm here for you. Right now we don't have the time to come with some master plan, the only solution right now is for you to talk with them." Maya said to me.

       "I know. I know, but.." I sighed. I turned to look a Adrian. When he saw me looking at him, he made his way back to my side. I wrapped my arms around his waist and he did the same to me. "Okay, I'll do it, but under one condition. I need you all to come with me. I need all of you there. I can't do it on my own."

They all nodded. I finally let out a breath of relief. I can do this, if I have them by my side. A few minutes into us trying to find food to eat, we were interrupted by Damion.

     "Miss Maya, you have a visitor. They're waiting for you in the living room." Damion told us, before he left.

     "Were you expecting someone?" I turned to her.

     "No." She said.

     "Who could it be then?" Adrian asked.

     "I don't know, but I'm going to find out." Maya said, as she started to make her way to the living room. Being the nosy people that we are, we all followed her.

When we go to the living room, we were shocked by who was standing there.

Oh come on can I just get a break.

*********************
A/N: Who is Maya's visitor? Continue reading to find out.

Till next time

—flirtatiousbae