Chapter Twenty-two

Please read A/N at the end. Okay now commence reading.
***********************
Leo's POV

    "What are you doing here?" I asked. The person standing in the living room, eyes looked from one person to the other, until it stopped on mine and Adrian interlocked hands. I felt him try to pull away, but I only tightened my hold on his hand. I'm done hiding.

      "I followed you. I saw that you left and I wanted to know where you were going, because you didn't let anyone know that you were leaving."

     "Leo, whose that?" Adrian asked. Even though he was trying to be discreet about it, the person still heard.

      "My name is Ivory." She said, while staring at Adrian with an expressionless face.

I felt Adrian stiffen beside me, I instantly released his hand and put my arm around his waist. He leaned into me slightly. I saw Ivory's left eyebrow raise slightly in question.

     "Even if I left without permission, what does that have to do with you?" I asked. That might have been too harsh, but I'm just fed up, I'm just tired of it all.

      "Woah there, no need to try to bite my head off. Leo I'm was just curious of where you were going, that's all. I didn't even tell anyone that you left. So no worries." She told me, it put me at ease a little. Her eyes moved from me to Maya. "Hey Maya. How have you been?"

     "I've been better. You?"

     "I was great, until yesterday." She said. "The engagement? I'm sure Leo already filled you all in on what is going on." She turned and looked at me.

     "Yeah he did. What? Did you come here to brag about it or something?" Kellie said. She looks kind of pissed off.

     "Brag? Why would I do that?" She said. She sat in one of the sofa. "Look, I honestly didn't know what was going on. One minute I was in Paris, enjoying my best life, next thing, my father shows up. He told me that King Fredrick and Leo had something important to discuss with me. That the both of you were expecting me. When you told me that my visit was unexpected, I knew something was up and that you didn't know what was going on either."

We all stared at her. She was telling the truth. I walked over to her. Adrian was beside me the whole time.

    "Hey Ivory. I want to introduce someone to you." I turned to look at Adrian. He looked scared and confused. I smiled at him, to let him know that it's okay. "This is Adrian. He's my, well, he's my boyfriend." The look that crossed her face was one of shock and then it was gone, like it was never even there.

    "Hmmm, so Adrian, you are the one that stole my fiance." Ivory stared at him with an expressionless face. He flinched a little at her words.

     "Ivory, cut it out." I told her. A few seconds later she burst out laughing.  

     "I'm just kidding. I knew something was going on between you two since the moment you stepped into the living room." She told us. "Regardless of what everyone thinks, I don't want to marry Leo, just as much as he doesn't want to marry me."

     "Why?" This question came from Kellie.

     "I have my reasons." As she said this, her eyes glanced in someone's direction. I followed her gaze and saw who she glanced at.

Maya?

I was stunned for a few seconds, then I decided to ignore it. I can figure out that later. I was about to continue talking when, Ivory started.

     "So what are we going to do now? This engagement is going happen, if there's one thing I know about King Fredrick, it is that he always gets what he wants and he wants this engagement. You do remember why they agreed to let us get married in the first place?" She asked me.

I nodded. I do know. This is a about money and resources. When we get married, Maldovia will have access to Eventon's resources, Ivory's country, and vice versa.

    "So you know how important it is. He's not going to just let you break it off so easy. So what were you planning to do?" She stared at us, waiting for an answer. "Please tell you guys have a plan. You are not just going to confront him?" She looked from me to Maya and back. "Oh my gosh, you are. You know it's not going to end well."

     "What else are we supposed to do? I'm done hiding. I know my father is difficult, but I have to try." I told her.

She looked at me, like she's trying to look into my soul. She kind of scares me sometimes. She let out a sigh.

     "Fine, I'll help. I want you to be happy, I might not want to marry you, but I care for you like a brother." She said, as she stood up. "So let's figure out the details and do this." I sighed in relief.

     "Thanks Ivory."

     "It's no big deal."

We all talked about what we were going to do. We decided we have to do this tomorrow. It's better to do it sooner than later. We have to do this before the engagement is announced. We all are going to meet up at my house. Admittedly I'm scared, we all are. This is something that I never thought I would be doing. All my life I have never been in a relationship. I have always been held back by the fact that I'm to be married to someone. When I left and forgot about it all, I wasn't held back by that fact anymore and I was able to find someone I can love. So I'm scared of what the future holds for us.

The day was coming to an end. The nerves were starting to creep up on us. Ivory stood up from her place on the sofa.

    "Leo we better get going. We've been gone for so long, without letting anyone know." She started towards the door, then turned, when she saw I wasn't following her. "Leo?"

     "I'm sorry Ivory, but I'm not leaving yet. I want to stay here for a little while longer. You should go without me. If anyone asks, just tell them you don't know where I went, but I doubt my father won't know."

     "Are you sure?" I nodded at her. "Okay. I'm going now. Goodbye everyone." After that she was gone.

I sighed. I wanted to stay with Adrian longer. I thought that I might never see him again after tomorrow kept running around in my mind. I really can't lose him.

We have to make this work or else today maybe the last time we get to see each other again.

******************
A/N: I'm so sorry for the very late update. Things haven't been going well writing wise. I'm not sure I will be making regular updates, but don't worry as I said before I will not give up on this book. I will finish it, it would only take longer than planned. Please understand.

Till next time

—flirtatiousbae