008 : Lovestruck Fool And Sugar Candies

[ Love cannot be begged for, it must be deserved. ]

This statement prolly tells that love is not something like a bubblegum that you can easily pick up from a corner, chew it, and throw it away once the taste fades. It's not a clothing line that once you think it's out of fashion, you would just dump it or gives it away. And most probably, it's not that single song in your playlist that you often skip but nevertheless erases because sometimes you have the mood to play it for a nth times a day.

Love is a subject that you have to thoroughly study, understand, to work hard, and win over. And that is what the original owner of his body is trying to do.

When the original Lin Mian Mian cared for the emperor, he was begging for love. Even though his body is frail and weak, he did not fail to keep up his role as a 'wife'. He knows that in order to get the love that he wanted, he must work hard to earn it. And in order to get it, he must show his diligence and perseverance as a lover and wife.

Yan JinLong and Lin Mian Mian are married under the laws of the human and the virtue of the gods. Lin Mian Mian whose mind only works according to the matters of the tradition will obviously offer his life to his husband. That is, accompanying him in a lifetime with full grace ignoring the fact that he has to share with a couple of women in bed to warm the emperor.

The emperor stayed inside his court after he told his new wife about the war happening on the borders. During this time, the original Lin Mian Mian can't help but to be worried for his husband. After all, his father died in a war. General Lin said the same words to him before leaving but never came back again.

In order to ease the pain, Lin Mian Mian often works hard to cook meals and prepare clothes for the emperor. He would gather all the things that he painstakingly created not allowing any of his servants to touch it. For him, it is the responsibility of the wife to take good care of his husband, from preparing his food, washing his clothes, down to warming the bed.

It was printed on his mind, remembering how his mother doing it when she was still alive.

However, the love that Lin Mian Mian mostly deserved to receive didn't happen. Not only he was rejected by the emperor, but often times he would be kicked out from the courtyard. The moment he arrives at the door carrying all the stuffs he made out from his true heart, the concubines would be waiting telling him that the emperor don't want to see him.

It seems that these concubines tried currying their favor for the next month's favoritism issue now that Yan JinLong's attention was away from his 'current playmate'. But it seems that they are also thrashed out by the man who gets colder and colder every time because of the war.

He just lost one of his best generals so it is normal for Yan JinLong to become impatient. He has ministers and younger comrades who can fight the war with no problems. But it is different without the guidance of an elder. General Lin is a veteran in war since the times of the old emperor. Having an elder on their sides makes them feel secure and guided.

Still, Lin Mian Mian did not stop from worrying. He puts more effort in wanting to take good care of the emperor but he was always thrown outside. After the two weeks of constantly wasting his effort and love, the emperor left only exchanging a few words to Lin Mian Mian. Though short, these words are enough for him to continue loving the emperor.

But oh well, he was really stupid to believe that things like true love actually existed.

Now, when the new soul entered the body, Lin Mian Mian is not ignorant of what is real and what is not. Receiving the past memories of the original body helped him to understand who should deserve the most love. So instead of following the original script of going to the court to send the emperor the 'cherished' goods the original Lin Mian Mian painstakingly created, he decided to do the otherwise by silently staying on his courtyard unmoved.