026 : Like Mother, Like Son

It has been a week since the emperor left the palace. Even though there is a change of leaders, the life inside the walls returned to normal. Even though the leader wasn't present on his nest, the credible and trustworthy officials are enough to handle the affairs.

Also, the Empress Dowager is also there. The Empress Dowager is a wise and a reliable woman.

When she was still on her younger years, she already showed a formidable character that despite her standing as a woman, she could stand in par with men. This ability coursed her way to become the Queen of the land, thus winning to the number of concubines.

Most of the old officials had witnessed the woman's prowess and respected her for that. This is the reason why even though Yan JinLong is the current dragon emperor, the Empress Dowager's influence is much greater. Her experience and wisdom is worthy of such title.

In addition, their difference in attending the public also highlighted the people's favorability.

Yan JinLong is a great leader – nobody could refute that since his parents are also of the same level of skills. However, when it comes to attending court, this man could either turn the whole place into a cold pole or burn the field with his roasting. Yan JinLong is the kind of person that would reprimand an official's mistake in the most horrible manner one would wonder if his tongue is made up of red chili paper.

Minister Chang Jie is already spicy? Then Yan JinLong is spicier ah.

However, the Empress Dowager, despite her strictness, is not severe. Her smooth and mother-like voice is like a chocolate melting on the tongue, making everyone feel comfortable and warm. She also reprimands mistakes but will not roast the other person until burnt. She will just state what their wrongdoings are and what should be done to correct it.

Her style is very different ah. Yan JinLong is the tyrant leader while his mother is Mother Theresa. It is easy to choose between the two.

Therefore, the usual cold mornings even though the sun is already scorching hot had become the Empress Dowager counseling radio station. The officers that often needed to take a leak before attending the court so they won't piss themselves attended the meeting with a bright smile. They never thought that would encounter such a good day.

But what a pity ah! Even though they liked the Empress Dowager like this, they can't just ignore Yan JinLong's existence that is larger than any mountains and deeper than any seas. They could only just cherish the moment where they can still happily attend the morning court smiling.

On the other hand, the person who almost wanted to throw a nationwide party since the fuccboi is already gone - Lin Mian Mian welcomed his leisurely days. Aside from waking up in the morning and walking around the courtyard to show that he is still alive, it could be said that his life had been very simple and lazy. If not from his servants wanting him to exercise, he could have chosen to sleep all day.

If he could sit, he would not stand. If he could lie down, he would not sit. If only he is allowed to sleep for the whole day, he would not dare to wake up.

But don't dare to insult our adorable Lin Mian Mian ah! Despite this sloth-y attitude, Lin Mian Mian had been working with all force when dealing with the other concubines. Since Yan JinLong showed his desire by actions, everyone now knows that Lin Mian Mian did not lose favor, but instead been marked as the next empress. His existence is enough to exhibit his level rising.

Ding Ding Ding! Player Lin Mian Mian levelled up!

Many people were contemplating by the emperor's choice, but the people that were most affected is the harem. They all have been in the palace for years to gain the title yet the wife who isn't even a woman but a ger took all their efforts in vain.