021 : Chang Jie's Tears

"Your Majesty, please refrain from indulging carnal activities inside the study room especially during the day. It would be a problem if a guest would suddenly arrive," the stoic faced Minister Chang said.

Yan JinLong is sitting on his study room doing the usual tasks of checking the documents. There are quite a number of papers to check, each holds great importance to the court. Some of the papers are scraps from the days he was slacking off and clogged on this day when he was all robust. Though, most of the papers that needed more attention is the monthly budget that Minister Chang will review later, and to the military orders that they needed to finish as soon as possible.

He was currently reading the documents containing the aggregation of firearms with Minister Chang suddenly commented out of blue. He flipped the last pages of the remaining documents looking at them for a few more times before setting them aside. He took some time to massage his temples before clasping both of his hand with elbows on the table, letting his head lean on it. He was suddenly contemplating.

Did he... Did his wonderful dog minister just told him - him, the leader of this whole nation - to not do any intimate -embarrassing- things to his wife on his own place? What is wrong with that? Their marriage is legal and approved by the court. Whatever he do to his wife is valid, and just doing it on the bedroom once is not enough.

He wanted to do it in the bath! On the Floor! On the garden! Who cares if they will call him perverted? What if someone sees them? Well, the more people know the better! He wanted to show that Lin Mian Mian is his, and his only. Nobody would be able to touch his treasure aside from their future sons (if Lin Mian Mian approves).

Also, isn't his main mission to give his beloved wife the outmost care, happiness, and pleasure?

Yan JinLong felt very offended.

After a long pause, Yan JinLong snorted: "Who would come in the palace uninvited?"

When it comes to visiting the palace, there are designated rules attached that were all strictly implemented. No one is allowed to just simply walk inside the palace without a certificate of invitation, a summon, or a notice. This is considered rude in the face of the current leader, and a threat to the nation's security. Actually, even with an invitation, it is already hard to request the audience of the emperor, what's more with the wandering people who only like to gate crash.

If a noble wanted to enter the gates of the palace, one shall send a request letter to the lower officials. The document should include the time and date of request, the reason of request, and the possible necessities like the meeting place and such. This will be reviewed by the lower minister in accordance to the importance level dictated by Minister Chang Jie. If the request were not really that important, it would be filtered on the second review where it will be filtered again to see the appropriate time to accept it.

When the request letter passed the first level, the mid-ranked ministers will filter it again. This time, they will separate the topics of the letters. Like, all the agricultural requests will go the agricultural section; budgets will go there, marriage proposals, over there, etc. The approved requests will be sent to their respective secretaries. Only the most important letters will be handed to Minister Chang that will next be read by the emperor.

Now, it would be the emperor's decision to accept the request or not. If he signed the document, then, the sender of the letter should abide to the written agreement and would come on time with respect to chance. Any kind of mishaps will be recorded and will be used as references in case the sender wanted to request once again. This is to keep the discipline on the court, and to not waste time in doing nonsense.

On the other hand, if the emperor rejects the letter then Minister Chang will discard the request. He will pass the message to his subordinates to give a rejection letter to the sender. The reason of rejection may vary - maybe because the request is unnecessary, or the emperor thinks that his presence is not necessary to solve the crises. He will just send a qualified personnel that would handle the case on his place.