017 : Love Is Painful

He never thought that the reason why Lin Mian Mian avoided him is that the ger is afraid of him.

Yan JinLong reigned over the whole kingdom for years and he was tagged as a wise ruler of all. He is kind when handling people's affairs and ruthless to the criminals that deserved to be punished. His slate is clean and pure, but only tainted with the fact that he has a number of concubines to warm his bed.

This one is already part of the tradition so the older people did not comment on how he handled such occasion. After all, he is the emperor and he needed a few people to support him. Also, having a number of concubines on the sides ensures the continuation of the bloodline. More sons mean more fortune so nobody judged him by that.

In addition, his one-month romance syndrome is not something that can destroy his image. There are some officials who have seven wives and have each woman warm their bed each night, which is in a course far worse than Yan JinLong is. At least, the emperor wanted one woman per month that is in a sense better enough than changing woman every night.

But the main problem is not because of that.

Yan JinLong somehow knows that he was looking for someone but he did not know who it is.

He was working on his study like usual as he read the documents about the number of people coming to join the army. He had a very good night rest last time so he was doing his work pretty quickly. This efficiency was then added with the thought that Lin Mian Mian would also come over to visit him. He can't wait to see that man that he left senseless early this morning.

The ink and brushed moved on its way marking the documents in a good pace. Each stroke is clean and sharp, describing the personality of the person holding. The letters were written on forms creating sentences and phrases. These are the documents for the allocation of the soldiers joining the war and the few states that will be handled in the future.

Minister Chang watched on the sidelines as he reviewed the contents of each document. He was having a good day today, feeling pleased that the bastard emperor is working on his usual way again. Ever since he got married with the new wife, this emperor somehow declined on his work, would rather have him work than taking the affairs by his self. Minister Chang holds a certain power but his authority is only limited. He can never take advantage of his position as the emperor's close confidant.

So to see this lazy person work, Minister Chang Jie could only celebrate. Lin Mian Mian is the cause of Yan JinLong's fall so he will also use him to motivate this man. He will eat all the dog food this idiot couple will give just to have the ideal work pace that he wanted. And he did not fail to do it. A few words and action made it through and Lin Mian Mian is coming to visit to help him tame the dragon.

They are working silently when suddenly both men heard a sound coming from the outside. That small voice is enough for Yan JinLong to recognize his beloved. He immediately stopped writing and stood up to march out and meet the ger. But Minister Chang stopped him saying that the emperor should not show inferiority. Even though the other person is his wife, the emperor should act compose and disciplined.

Don't show that you're desperate for love ba!

Yan JinLong did not want Lin Mian Mian to think that he is a kid ready to lick the candy so he let the Minister handle the work and waited to his study. He watched the figure of his trusted man left and stared at the door wide open. The figure did not arrive immediately so he returned to his work. He picked his brush again and continued reading the documents. Though, his mind wasn't entirely on the contents but was only thinking on how to impress Lin Mian Mian and act like a serious regent.