025 : Lin Mian Mian Loses The Game

On the Lin Courtyard, one person is leisurely reading a book while reclining unto a soft padded chair. His whole being exhibited a warm sense of laziness - the kind that makes anybody wants to just lie down and sleep. Though, nobody would want to close their eyes. The person is far more beautiful than the any other dream.

Lin Mian Mian is just casually flipping a page when loud voices of children disrupted the silence. The figures of Lu Mao and Fu Xing appeared on the scene both having twisted faces. Fu Xing, the young guard, is bathing on sweat while Lu Mao still looks very neat but the ruffled sight of his hair exposed his emotion. Lin Mian Mian did not look up to see their expression. Something must have happened to make these kids approach him like this.

"What is it?" Lin Mian Mian asked, his eyes are still on the book he is reading.

"The Emperor has sent a letter. Master Lin, you have to read this," Lu Mao quickly handed a crumpled letter.

By the looks of it, the crumple is caused by Lu Mao's distress. Lin Mian Mian already allowed this personal eunuch to read his letters. Anyways, no secrets can be hidden from this rebirthed group.

Lin Mian Mian accepted the letter. He skimmed through the information with a lazy glance until his expression changed after reading the last line. Like the two children, Lin Mian Mian showed a frown. He did not expect to see this letter ahead of time. No, on the original set-up, there is no such thing as this letter.

"This... who sent this?" Lin Mian Mian asked them.

"It's his majesty," Fu Xing quickly responded. "Then His Majesty told me to send this letter quickly."

"But didn't Minister Chang say that they will be leaving on the next day?" Lin Mian Mian pondered over.

"En," Fu Xing nodded. "However, suddenly the emperor wrote the verdict. His Majesty is a bit irritated. It's seems that something is bothering the Emperor. Minister Chang and the Mother Empress is then called in the study. I just heard my name called and is told to send the letter to the Lin Courtyard."

Lu Mao and Fu Xing feel that something is wrong from the emperor's actions. Like Lin Mian Mian, they are also aware that this letter is non-existent from their previous life, which made them feel anxious. Things started to deviate from their past life. They are now starting to think that this fate is really different from what they had already known.

Lu Mao glanced at Lin Mian Mian.

In this life... is there a possibility that his Young master Lin will not face the same suffering?

Or will he face double the pain?

The contents of the letter Fu Xing sent is a summon message from Yan JinLong. It was only phrased with few sentences, telling Lin Mian Mian to attend the ceremony that will be held today. Whatever ceremony it was, he is only said to dress comfortably. The letter is devoid from any strong emotion, as though the supposed to be 'summon' letter is a cute pink envelope handed to a crush.

Even though Lin Mian Mian just wanted to spend this whole day lazily, he has to cooperate and do his responsibility. As the new wife, should he not be the leading person that will get ready? But since the new soul is only a little enthusiastic to the set-up, he chose to be late. After all, the original also came late to the ceremony. There is nothing much to change.

Lu Mao prepared a series of robes but Lin Mian Mian declined them all. The letter says that he can dress comfortably so why have to wear some clothes three times his weight? Even though the robes for the women and men has only few differences, wearing a teal green colored clothes is much of his preference than the seductive yet innocent pink plum blossoms. Also, he wanted to test how long can Yan JinLong play with this game.