038 : A Cup Of Poisoned Tea Please

No intercourse means no child formation.

This union can be fully explained by science. Lin Mian Mian learned it in his biology class when he was still in middle school. Though the current time is not that advance yet, the old people know that childbirth works that way.

One should be a farmer while the other will become the land. If there is no seedling, then there will not be a plant.

The Empress Dowager knows that logic very well.

Humans cannot reproduce asexually; even the third gender is not an exception. If nothing happened between them, then, it is normal for Lin Mian Mian to not get pregnant. However, what is not normal is Yan JinLong. This is the first time that he didn't do 'anything' despite the food being served upfront.

This is different from what is known by the masses.

Were not the rumors about the two being very intimate is widely being discussed? It is said that the emperor would rather want to go stay rolling with his wife than to do his work. Even the poor Minister Chang has to cover the man for it during the morning sessions.

The wife is too good in bed that the emperor could not resist.

But in reality, there is really nothing? Then, what the hell are these two doing in their room? Just sleeping together? Maybe telling stories or doing some pillow fight? Do these two think that they are just camping? They are married for goodness' sake!

Yet, Yan JinLong's unusual abstinence made the Empress Dowager looks at Lin Mian Mian in a new light. Even though there is no consummation, it doesn't mean that they have no feelings for each other. There is no doubt that Yan JinLong and Lin Mian Mian has a special connection that seeing them together is like a puzzle piece being completed.

They are harmonious in any angle you look. They do quarrel, and sometimes the emperor goes teasing the wife, yet it did not look odd. It seems that the appearance of this ger made her fuccboi son change for the better.

Not doing anything for a month is already an achievement.

Maybe she should send some regards to her son as an award?

Well, after all, self-control is something that cannot be obtained without a determined will. Yan JinLong enduring is genuinely impossible. Lin Mian Mian is a meal served, yet, he did not eat it whole. Maybe he bit something here and there but that is all.

He did not want to capture the other person like picking up new clothes. He wanted to cultivate their relationship until such time that the food will offer itself for him to eat. Though there is consent during the consummation of his harem, such action has no real feelings.

It was for the sake of the nation. The Emperor is responsible for keeping his land high above, as well as to prepare the leader of the next generation. A concubine that could bear sons to the emperor will flourish. Yet, here comes Lin Mian Mian whom Yan JinLong did not coerce on the same field.

It means that for Yan JinLong, Lin Mian Mian did not need to give him a son.

What he wanted is Lin Mian Mian himself.

This realization is also the same as before. The original Lin Mian Mian was favored by the Empress Dowager because she can see that Yan JinLong has no need of an offspring from him. A baby is a blessing but they don't need such a gift to realize that they loved each other.

However, to become an Empress, Lin Mian Mian should be able to have one.

It is a must.

This has become the conflict of the past that made the broken-hearted emperor break his treasure. He loved that person very much that he almost wished to die on the same bed. Yet, responsibility comes first. He must be crazy to think that he has enough power to eliminate the tradition without disrupting the order.