024 : The Main Character Comes Out Late

A few days had passed and the emperor had gathered all the resources needed. General Kong Wen already instructed his group of warriors to sort their last preparation before departure. The ministers on the court are all busy filing all the documents for the reports that needed His Majesty's attention since Yan JinLong would be away for a long time.

During this time, even though Yan JinLong wanted to spend his last days with Lin Mian Mian, he could not afford the luxury and would just silently weep on his office. Minister Chang Jie is on his side to constantly wipe the tears away while he hands him dozens of documents after His Majesty signed the first batch. This action made the emperor to cry more bitter tears.

Fortunately, thanks to Minister Chang Jie's persuasions, Lin Mian Mian would appear once or twice a day in the study. During these hours, the study would be off-limits. All the servants know that the concubine is just 'serving' the husband while it is worth the while. The one month infatuation is about to end so they thought that Lin Mian Mian is just spending the remaining time to raise his favorability.

Though, only a few people knows that it is the otherwise.

The one who knows the most about this is Lu Mao and the three rotten maids. Since they follow Lin Mian Mian all the time, and they are allowed to enter the study because of their master's presence, they almost witness all the reasonable interaction between the two individuals. They had seen the emperor from their previous life so they understand this one part very well - Yan JinLong is indeed had fallen for Lin Mian Mian.

May it be his actions or just his eyes, anyone sensible could see the overflowing emotions that could drown a person. Even if the two of them are just talking, or even just sitting side by side, one can see the satisfaction coming from the emperor's eyes. Whenever Lin Mian Mian is around him, his attention seems to be only focusing to this individual. His Majesty will not care whatever they are doing; just simply staying beside Lin Mian Mian is enough to make his heart happy.

Well, rolling on the sheets is also nice but that is only the benefit of getting the price. He will still love this person without doing that.

According to the schedule, the two-week preparation has come to an end. It is time for the emperor to lead his troops towards the battlefield to protect borders. Though, it is not really necessary for Yan JinLong to come since he had some talented generals to guide the warriors. He could just order someone to go and fight the war. But this is not Yan JinLong style.

For him, the leader should be the one leading the group, not the one being left behind.

And so, the palace is now in a frantic stage. The announcement of the departure had been set already but the emperor suddenly announced that they would be leaving two days earlier. The reason is not clear as to why he moved the date but Minister Chang Jie hurried the people to prepare a parade to bless the emperor for his departure. So now, all the servants are flying off of the floor as they rush left and right to do all the decorations.

"Minister Chang!" The Head Eunuch called.

Minister Chang is instructing a few servants to bring this and that when the head eunuch called him. He turned around to face the old man that has been serving the emperor since he is still young. His name is Mu Shi and is already sixty years old this year. Though, despite his age, he is still robust and full of life. He is in old friend of General Lin and is fond of this group of children since he could not have a child.

[A/N: He is a Eunuch, it means that he is already castrated. Also, take in mind that even though Lu Mao is a eunuch, he is still not on the age to be castrated. He is still a kid T_T]

"Lao Mu," Minister Chang Jie cupped his hands and bowed. Though his position is higher than the Head Eunuch, he still respected him as an elder. "What is wrong?"