013 : Sweet Like A Candy And Sour Like A Vinegar

The reason why Lin Mian Mian did not visit the emperor despite all the promises that they both lovingly *coughs* uttered to each other is because Lin Mian Mian suddenly felt sick. This is not a pretend sick but a real cold, my dear people. Lin Mian Mian legitly got sick!

A few hours after the two important figures left his courtyard, Lin Mian Mian tended the kitchen to do his usual cooking show. This is to prepare for the quote and quote "Box Lunch" for the emperor, and to feed the little servants with his food. He was demonstrating on how to cook this so-called modern dish "fried rice" when suddenly his sight become blur. Lin Mian Mian quickly leaned to the nearby table fighting off the sudden hit of nausea.

Lu Mao quickly stood up to help the young master to stand. The girls also took a glass of water or some scented herb that will make Lin Mian Mian feel better. Getting a cold or getting sick, the reborn servants is pretty much familiar with this pattern. Lin Mian Mian has a frail body and occasionally he would catch a cold once or twice a week as if he is purposely inhaling those germs inside his body.

So when it happens, they all have the materials needed to carry out the aide. They could have called for the Royal Physician but they're afraid that the physician will detect the change of Lin Mian Mian's cinnabar. After all, an expert of medicine can detect the changes of the body by just simply reading the pulse. Though, not all physician can do it, they will not take these chances to have their young master exposed.

They brought Lin Mian Mian to his room. Like the usual, Lu Mao handed his master a strengthening soup with some medicine that would help to ease the pain on his head and to decrease the inflammation of the sinuses. The chambermaids brought out three sticks of incense that has a nice scent that contradicts the feeling of nausea and vomiting. They also applied some essential oil to his meridians to quicken the process of healing.

Lin Mian Mian who got a bit moody by the sudden wave of dizziness finally found peace. The soup Lu Mao made him drink is warm and a bit sweet. It made his throat and nose feels some kind of warmth that made his breathing well. The scent from the incense also helped him to ease the pulsating pain on his head making him sleepy all throughout the process. When the essential oil was applied, a kind of spiritual power was fed inside his body making his joints comfortable. Overall, Lin Mian Mian fell asleep from too much comfort.

Later that night, Yan JinLong came over again to sleep with his wife. He was a bit grumpy, wondering why his wife did not go along with the promise. But when he heard about Lin Mian Mian getting sick again, Yan JinLong hastily called for a physician. Lin Mian Mian was told by Lu Mao that there's a high chance that the Royal Physician will detect the change of his cinnabar so he quickly blocked Yan JinLong's words with a kiss to shut him up.

Of course, the fuccboi was surprised. To be kissed by his wife...

... IS LIKE A DREAM COME TRUE!

It was always he who initiates the kiss, not the otherwise. Yan JinLong could suddenly hear the heralds and cherubim singing above the clouds while throwing in some spring flowers to bless them two. This brought the emperor to a sudden dreamy expression making Lin Mian Mian smirk.

He knows that Yan JinLong would insist of calling the physician so all he has to do is to show that he's finally okay and good. And by just naughtily stealing a kiss, he did not only gained the attention of the emperor, he also shifted the topic to the other direction. Of course, Yan JinLong would want to proceed to some R18+ AV with Lin Mian Mian but the wife quickly ran to his side of the bed and feels asleep!

What a naughty wife ah! You stole some tofu from me and now you escape when I want to eat your chicken? You deserve a punishment!

Though, Yan JinLong liked this teasing manner of half-hearted romance so he let his wife go [A/N: Masochist ah ha ha ha]. After all, they are already married, what is there to be afraid of?