010 : Placing Yourself In Other Shoes

There could have been a misunderstanding.

From the start, Lin Mian Mian followed the memories of the original soul. Each thought and actions are taken from the past events that will lead to the original's demise. To avoid reaching his death after five years, Lin Mian Mian vowed to do the opposite and act as silent as possible. In this way, he will be able to grant the wishes of the original soul and to live the extended life he was given.

Lin Mian Mian was able to trace the points of conflict that caused the original soul to perish.

One - General Lin's death. If General Lin did not die, his testament of marrying Lin Mian Mian to Yan JinLong could have been voided. General Lin's death is inevitable, yet, it played a huge role of Lin Mian Mian's suffering. If only he did not include this 'marriage proposal' on his dying will, Lin Mian Mian could have been living a free and simple life away from the palace schemes.

Lin Mian Mian did not know why General Lin suddenly wanted his son to marry the emperor. Even though he received all the memories clearly, the original Lin Mian Mian isn't really that close to his father. Yes, the original did loved his doting father but the times that they are together are only limited. After all, General Lin is always on the battlefield training his soldiers while Lin Mian Mian is busy with his education.

With that reason, Lin Mian Mian is not aware of General Lin's relationship with Yan JinLong. What he all know is that the emperor trusted the general so much that he leaves his back on the old man to protect. For what reason the general decided to give his son to the bastard is unknown, and this made Lin Mian Mian question the credibility of the original soul's memory.

Well, Lin Mian Mian wasn't able to avoid this conflict so he temporarily kept this idea aside on the back of his mind.

Two - The twelve green tea-bitches from the Imperial Harem. If not with the schemes of Imperial Harem did Lin Mian Mian will not lose his ability to give birth. Their involvement in this case caused the greatest impact of the story. It was the Imperial Harem that made Lin Mian Mian's life miserable that lead him to commit suicide.

Now, this point made Lin Mian Mian wonder. Why does the Imperial Harem wanted to eliminate the thirteenth concubine? There are no reasons to suddenly antagonize the original Lin Mian Mian because the man himself isn't capable of making trouble. The original Lin Mian Mian is so kind to the point that he will give his heart to anyone who needed it without thinking twice

And if they are worried because he was ger, Lin Mian Mian is still an average one. He can give birth to sons, which is a fact. But there's a high chance that his sons will not be part of the competition of getting the crown. After all, the first-born is already near the coming of age and the succeeding princes are also old enough to become the emperor. Lin Mian Mian's sons are decades away to become part of it.

Also, Lin Mian Mian will surely rather want his children to live a happy and simple life than to rule over the kingdom.

Then, why do they want to eliminate the thirteenth concubine?

Lin Mian Mian is being favored by the emperor, which is normal for the one-month romance bastard. If they are worried that he will bear children, then why are they not worried when the other females from the harem constantly give birth to princes in each year? Why bully the newcomer?

He has no answer in this question that made Lin Mian Mian to become more vigilant. He might not able to avoid the first point of conflict but this one is still coming. He has to think of ways to trap these bitches in a sink hole and expose their blackened hearts.

Third and the last point - Yan JinLong raping Lin Mian Mian. Not only did the bastard man defile the purity of Lin Mian Mian but he also destroyed the remaining dignity left from the pure being. During this time, the original Lin Mian Mian was still mourning from his sudden complication; yet, the emperor only poured corrosive salt to the already rotting wound. He only made the broken doll to shatter.