The Knight Bus

I then hurried out storming with my trunk behind me and I go down the streets when I heard Marge screaming and I smirked. I heard Fawkes clucking with joy as I walked as he was on my shoulder keeping watch he was like a guide dog. When I came to the playground I knew it was dark I sit down as I felt the sorrow within me. What am I going to do? I won't be able to go back to Hogwarts I am truly alone. I felt a tear slip but then I felt Fawkes rubbing against me for reassurance.

Sitting there the lamp flashes on and off. The carousel creaks from the wind turning slowly. The swings were creaking as they went back and forth. The seesaw went up and down and I had my knees to my chest hearing the creaks of the instruments of the play ground.

As I sat there though I heard cracks sounded like an animal or a person and I looked. "Something's here watching us." Fawkes warned me as Fawkes got ready to pounce in the bushes though in the dark corner was a dog. I had my wand out.

I stepped back slightly afraid that the person or thing would hurt me and I couldn't stop glancing at it even though I couldn't see it I was too afraid to not. I had my wand out when I suddenly stepped back and I tripped over and I forgot about the sidewalk.

Then suddenly I heard honks came and my ears twitched at the sound of something big. I think it was a bus. The knight bus. It stopped right in front of me and I felt a presence there.

"Welcome to the Knight bus emergency transport for the stranded witch or wizard. My name is Stan Shunpike, and I will be your conductor for this evening." Stan said and I looked confused.

Stan looked around and then peers at Worthless. "What you doing down there?"

"I fell over." I said to him cautiously. Why was he here?

"Wha' choo fall over for?" Stan said to her and Fawkes clucked in annoyance. I was getting annoyed at the man for his dullness.

"I didn't do it on purpose." I informed him.

Stan eyes Worthless suspiciously, nods slowly. "Well, come on then. Let's not wait for the grass to grow." Stan said to her. I though got up and walked to the side and peered in the direction of the bushes and Fawkes stuck his head out as well looking to see if it was safe.

"He's not there." Fawkes said and I nodded with slight relief when I felt Stan there looking as well.

"What you looking at?" Stan asked and I rolled my eyes. What's the point in telling him?

"Nothing." I said to him.

"Well, come on, then. In." Stan said and I was going to my trunk. "No, no, no. I'll get this. You get in with that Phoenix of yours." Stan said and Fawkes rolled his eyes with me.

As Stan grabs my trunk with a struggle, I steadily climbed with Fawkes clucking me when to step and not to. I'm thankful for this Phoenix even though I won't tell him that directly.

"Be warned there's no seat belts only beds." Fawkes told me and I paled as I walked.

No seats. Only Beds. The brass frames need a shine, the lines a wash. One bed was occupied by a sleeping wizard. I was walking slowly as I looked around.

"Come on. Move on, move on." Stan urges and I sit on a bed and Stan gives me a ticket.

Behind the wheel, Ernie, an unshaven wizard in thick glasses, stares straight ahead, armpits stained with sweat. A shrunken head dangles from the rearview mirror, muttering incessantly through the stitches that lace its mouth.