New portrait and substitute for DADA

After that night in the hall they found someone to guard the common room. Sir Cardogan.

"What villains are these that trespass upon my private lands!" Sir Cardogan said.

The Fat Lady has been replaced by a painting of a tiny knight. Stalking a bare stretch of grass as his pony grazes nearby, he brandishes his sword wildly as a group of Gryffindors regard him warily.

"Who dares challenge Sir Cadogan! Back, you scurvy braggarts! You rogues!" Sir Cardogan said and I twitched my ears in disbelief and then I looked down at Sirius.

"He's loony." I whispered and Sirius looked to her in agreement. This was the strangest painting he knew.

"He's barking mad!" Potter said to that and glared to me and I ignored him but Sirius growled. He hates how the boy glared at Worth like that.

"What d'you expect? After what happened to the Fat Lady, none of the other pictures would take the job." Dean informed

"But he keeps changing the password. Twice just this morning! I've taken to keeping a list." Neville informed me and Hermione sighed. That's the problem as well, he keeps changing the damned password so no one knows what it is half the time.

As Neville holds up a wrinkled piece of parchment, me, Neville, Draco and Hermione begin to exit.

"Farewell, comrades! If ever you have need of noble heart and steely sinew, call upon Sir Cadogan!" Sir Cardogan informed them.

"Yeah, we'll call you... if we ever need someone mental." Draco said and I looked to him. "Sorry, Worth." He knew I didn't like it, even though he was mental and loony.

.............

It was the fifth of November and I knew Remus had a rough night due to his condition. As I sat down in DADA everyone wondered what we were doing today when suddenly the door slammed opened and then shut as Severus walked in and he started to close the shutters on the windows, with his wand and he then brought down a white screen.

"Turn to page 394." Severus said and Sirius was next to me and I started to go through the book trying to find the page when Severus saw this, he flicked his wand and her page went to the right one and I shot him a small glare. He could have warned me somehow.

As the students eye Severus with guarded curiosity, Potter finishes scrawling something on a bit of parchment and balls it up in his hands. As he opens them, a moth flutters from his palms.

"Excuse me, sir, but... where's Professor Lupin?" Neville asked and Severus turned to him. Neville and them don't know about Remus's condition on him being a werewolf.

"That's not really your concern, is it, Longbottom? Suffice it to say, your Professor finds himself incapable of teaching at the present time. Page 394." Severus said and Sirius growled lightly until I flicked him, making him looked to me and I sent a slight glare his way. He better shut up before he gets sent out or worse caught.

Severus waves the moth away, blows out a candle and a slide show begins. As Ancient woodcut of a horrific beast flickers at the front of the room. Draco frowns down at his book.

"Werewolves?" Draco asked with shock and I stiffened. We're learning about what now? Remus is going to get figured out and he'll get caught! Severus!

"But, sir, we've only just begun learning about Red Caps and Hinkypunks. We're not meant to start nocturnal beasts for weeks -" Hermione informed and Severus sighed he has to be mean to Granger to treat everyone the same.

"Quiet!" Severus said to her.

"When did she come in? Did you see her come in..." Draco said to that one to me and Neville.

"Now. Which of you can tell me the difference between an Animagus and a werewolf?" Severus asked as he went down the aisle of desks and I slid down hoping Severus wouldn't pick me. I knew about werewolves since because of Remus and an Animagus due to myself.

Sirius wasn't looking happy as I had hold of his collar in case he attacks. He wasn't happy and I could all ready guess that. As the class stares mutely at a slide of an attacking werewolf, Hermione waiting desperately for someone to respond to Severus's question, the moth flutters by me. Draco pins it down for her and a tiny moth dust mushrooms into the air and Draco lifts his palm.

Potters parchment has reappeared.

"No one? How... disappointing." Severus said to them trying to ignore Hermione. He didn't want to ask her he wanted to give someone else a chance to answer this time.

"Please, sir, an Animagus is a wizard who elects to turn into an animal. A werewolf has no choice in the matter. Furthermore, the werewolf actively hunts humans and responds only to the call of its own kind -" Hermione informed him.

Potter lets out a low howl and I shot him a vicious glare and so did Sirius at that.

"Quiet, Potter! Though one must admit to feeling your pain. That is the second time you have spoken out of turn, Miss Granger. Tell me. Are you incapable of restraining yourself? Or do you take pride in being an insufferable know-it-all?" Severus said and Hermione looked to him and he looked to her with a look. Severus hoped she understood that he couldn't show favouritism.

"He's got a point, you know." Weasley whispered to Finnigan and Potter. I wanted to hit Weasley then but refrained and I knew Sirius wanted to pounce, that's why I held his collar that I had for him.

I stare at the parchment. Potter has drawn a crude caricature of Worthless in her Quidditch robes being struck by lightning over and over.

"Five points from Gryffindor! (to the class) As an antidote to your ignorance, I prescribe two rolls of parchment on the werewolf by Monday morning, with particular emphasis placed on recognizing it. (suddenly) Passing notes, Potter?" Severus said and looked to Harry Potter. Severus wondered what he had put to Worthless knowing she couldn't see it.

Severus snatches the drawing from under my nose and Severus eyes it and he felt anger. "Not exactly Picasso, are you?" Severus asked Harry who was glaring with narrowed eyes and Severus glared with anger. He shows arrogance towards a teacher and he hated how Potter treated Worth.

"Sir, it's Quidditch tomorrow." I spoke up. I was interested in Quidditch finally because Draco pretended to have an injury, and Slytherin asked me to be their seeker for the match and I couldn't pass the opportunity down under Severus's looks I kept feeling off of him, he knew I was good and that I could beat Potter.

"Then I suggest you take extra care, Ms Worthless. Loss of limb will not excuse you." Severus said looking at her leaning in front of her. He knew he'd let her off if she got injured but he knew she knew it anyways. "The term werewolf is a contraction of the Anglo-Saxon word "wer" which means "man," and wolf." Werewolf, man-wolf..." Severus was reading as I glared to Potter who wiggles his eyebrows and I looked to the drawing. Even though I can't see it I knew it had something to do with Quidditch.