Quidditch: Slytherin Vs Hufflepuff

The next day was Quidditch. I was nervous as I placed my Quidditch gear on and Sirius was at the side of me as I went into the great hall and most Gryffindor wasn't happy with me, thinking I'm betraying Gryffindor but I sat with the Slytherin team

"This is a bad day to play Quidditch." One of them said as they saw the rain and the storm.

"That's not helping."

"How's our seeker doing? All you need to do is try and get the snitch before Diggory." Flint said and I nodded to that one and he patted my shoulder in reassurance.

After I've had little to eat due to my nerves I was going to get a school broom when..."Worth." I heard Severus and I turned and my ears twitched. "The Slytherin seeker needs a decent broom. Here." Severus said and I smiled. "It's yours officially I saw you riding it at night and I knew you needed one." Severus said and I felt the broom. "A Nimbus 2001. Just do your best today, Worth." Severus said and I smiled and nodded and with that, I ran to go play Quidditch and Severus smiled, glad to see her happy.

.....

Quidditch was hell. The clouds rumbled with lightning and thunder. A lightning strike strikes one of the Quidditch rings and the clouds bloom with icy blue lightning.

Far below, in the stands, rain lashes the sea of umbrellas. As one flies free, soaring end over end into the sky, the crowd explodes and two Quidditch squads – Slytherin in Green, Hufflepuff in canary-yellow - shoot into the air. Twin bludgers fire skyward, and the match is on.

I was rising like a rocket through the mist and my robes were snapping violently with the wind. This was dangerous for me.

As I fly, rain falling like needles before me and it hurt to move on my broom but I pushed through, every dark cloud concealing potential danger. Beaters crisscross my path. A bludger whizzes past me and then a second rockets directly at me.

I sensed this and ducked and watched where the bludger went and it shatters a broom of a Hufflepuff Beater. The Beater goes into a wild spiral, vanishes in the mist.

In the stands

Draco squints upward, the players little more than streaking blurs from his vantage. Ka-ssst! A stitch of lightning strikes the tail of Marcus Flints broom. As it bursts into flames, he plummets to the pitch.

Draco looks down at his own hand. In the highly-charged air, the hair above his knuckles rises. In the sky, I fly fearlessly, searching for the Snitch as Bludgers pierce the clouds above me and chasers flit in and out of view far below.

Suddenly, in the stands opposite, a black umbrella flies from the hand of a Ravenclaw girl. For a moment, it sails wondrously through the heavy air, a Magritte dream, then - whoop! Whoop! Whoop! - abruptly picks up speed, rotating like a hatchet. I heard something and duck just in time and I turn and watch it disappearinto a bank of clouds. Then something glimmers: the Snitch.

I knew it was the snitch as I instantly jet off closing fast on the tiny, glimmering ball, chasing if through one cloud... then another... and another... until... I break into a clear patch of sky... only to find the Snitch is gone. I was angry as I whip the Nimbus 2001 back around, searching the horizon frantically, when I spy something:

In the stadium's highest tower, something enormous flickers briefly in the clouds then is obscured by a veil of mist.

I turned away. In the distance, the stray umbrella spins into view, harpoons a player. My ears shift. The snitch shimmers like a firefly in the dark underbelly of a cloud. I begin to go after it...when the veil of mist shrouding the high tower shifts and - for one brief moment - a great dog is revealed. As this mist closes, I frown sensing something and then I jet away. I didn't want to be there for some reason. It also kept changing and I was getting confused with only my ears to rely on and not my sight.