I Don't Want a Mate

Jayce's P.o.V

My Pop, Cole is teaching me how to fix his truck.

"I'm not entirely interested in the newer cars." I said as I wiped some oil off my hands.

"What do you mean?" he asked with a chuckle.

"Classics are so much better, the engines are just wooo." i said witha smile. Pop started laughing.

"I have to tell you something." I said as Pop closed the hood of the truck.

"What's wrong?" he asked.

"I don't want a mate. They will hold me back in what I want to do." I replied.

"You will change your mind when you meet them. You will love them unconditionally and you will do whatever it takes to make them yours and to make them happy."

"I really don't think you understand, I really don't want a mate. Even if I did, it would probably be a girl amd I dobt want that." I whined out, I didn't even realize what I had blirted out until I noticed that Pops was just staring at me.

"Y-you're gay?" he asked slowly.

"Yeah, please don't be mad..."

"How could I be mad? My mate is a guy. You're my son, I love you no matter what." and with that, I was pulled into a giant hug.

Dad walked out with two plates of sandwiches.

"What's going on here?" he asked with a smile.

"First, our son just told me that he is gay." Pops stated proudly.

"Thats amazing. What's the second?" dad asked as he walked over and hugged me then handed us our plates.

"Someone said that they don't want their mate."

"What? Why not?" dad asked surprised.

"They will get in my way and hold me back." I stated simply with a shrug and bit into my sandwich.

"Ever since I met your father, things have only ever gotten better." Dad stated as Pops wrapped his arms around dad's waist.

"Oh really? You had to grow up and adopt a kid at 16, you had to give up your University of Michigan college dream and go to some stupid online college, you had to graduate early." I listed, my arms outstretched and my voice raised slightly to get my point across.

"Those were because I love him and I would do anything for him." dad said calmly.

"I would do anythibg for him to. That's what mates do." Pops stated.

But that's not what I want!" I yelled and stormed inside.

Aiden

"What are we going to do?" I asked Cole as I hugged him, pressing the side of my face to his toned chest.

"We will have to wait until he meets his mate and realizes that he is all wrong." Cole said beofre lissing the top of my head.

I couldn't help but think, what made Jayce think that way about having a mate?

_____________________________
Sorry it's short but the Sequel is here!!!

This is the second book in the Black Raven Series! The first is The Way You Love Me!

I hope you enjoy this book!!!

8/20/14