Family problems- a TVD fanfic

~~ Cats POV~~

I pull up at local bar. I think the sign said it was called the grill. Sighing, I switch the engine off and step out of the car. It's a bright night with nothing to dim the glow of the moon. Sometimes I feel if you look at the moon long enough its starts to look back. It's a strange feeling that sends chills up my back. Then again that could be the cold breeze that cuts through my shirt to my bones. They area is surrounded by a thick of trees but they don't supply any shield from the crisp wind. I glance back up at the moon. It stares down intently, unforgivingly. I sigh and slam the car door shut.

My trainers slap the concrete as I cross the parking lot. Pausing briefly, I push open the large wooden door and step inside. I'm greeted with a blast of warmth and the strong smell of oak. There's a nice glow about the near empty restaurant. It's very rustic, mostly wood with large fires. The room is dotted with tables and chairs, and the lingering smell of gravy brings me to the conclusion they serve food. I don't dwell on it as I swiftly cross the room to the bar that lines one end of the restaurant. I slink onto a bar stool smirking at the bar tender. He smirks back and puts both his hands on the bar.

"What will it be?" He asks. He's quite good looking with ashy blonde hair and deep blue eyes. He's very young though, I can see the faint bumps of on-coming spots under his hair line. I let my hair fall to the side and trace circles on the back of his hand with my nail.

"Coke and vodka, on the house of course" I tell him smirking still. He looks confused, and doesn't move.

"You're serious?" He says pulling back slightly frowning. I sigh, he's much more effort than they usually are. Then again I should know better than to expect things as easily in this town as I do everywhere else.

I lean forward until our faces are almost touching "Deadly" I whisper biting my lip. He doesn't understand quite how literally I mean this, but if he doesn't hurry up he soon will. He laughs loudly and starts fixing the drink. His laugh is awkward and I grimace at him. He places the drink in front of me and walks away chuckling.

Rolling my eyes I swivel in my stool so I'm facing the rest of the room. The place is dead. Apart from the bar tender I can only hear three other people. There's a man along the bar from me, talking to the bar tender now. They must know each other because the bar tender is currently telling the foul smelling old man about the little drink fiasco. I sigh loudly so they both hear. It has the desired affect and the bar tender pushes off to clean glasses. I can hear someone in the kitchen. It sounds like they are messing about with pots. Probably tidying all of today's stuff away. Other than that there is only one other man in the toilet. He's washing is hands, I can barely get a whiff of him from here which is unusual from such a short distance but I shrug it off.

I turn back in my seat and sit my empty glass back on the counter. Almost instantly the bar tender appears in front of me. He smiles but it's a mocking grin.

"Same again?" He asks stifling a laugh. I'm furious, but I take a deep breath and answer.

"Thank you" He makes the drink and sits it on the bar, but he doesn't let go of it. I put my hand on the glass and try to pull it away, but he keeps his grip firm. I raise my eyebrows at him, amused.

"That will be £2.50" He looks stern his grin disappearing quickly. I just laugh at him and tug the glass out of his hand. I take a sip as I watch him try to figure out what to do next. "That's £2.50" He raises his voice slightly. I hear a door close behind me, but it's just the man from in the toilet. I open my mouth to speak but I'm cut off by a familiar voice behind me.

"Just put it on my tab, along with another bourbon"

I turn and my suspicions are confirmed. His tight black shirt, matching his dark wavy hair that outlines his face, both completely in contrast to his pale skin. His sharp jaw line and demanding eyebrows are his most commanding features, but if it was a contest his eyes would win. They twinkle in the fire light, a bright crystal blue that could entrap me as strongly as his arms.

"Damon Salvatore, it's been a while"