They know

About 50 or so outfits later, I’m tired and starting to get fed up. I head back out this time in a short black dress. It’s plain and simple and I actually find myself quite liking it. Some of the outfits the woman threw me where absolutely horrendous and I wouldn’t want to be caught dead in something so glitzy, but here has been a few that I have really quite liked. Most of the ones we are getting where Damon’s choices, but we would barely have three days’ worth of clothes if we only got my choices.

The woman that previously brought us the champagne comes back with a second glass each for us. I smile and take a sip as the woman hands Damon his. The champagne burns my throat but I mask my face. The vervan doesn’t effect like it does Damon. I try to be subtle as I sit my glass down and walk over to Damon. I take his from him before he can take a drink and set it next to mine. I collapse in his lap and look up at him with a slight pout.

“I’m bored here, let’s go somewhere else” I tell him, hoping he will put two and two together. It’s obvious that my actions have confirmed the woman’s suspicions but as we quickly gather our things and I change as Damon pays, the woman sees we mean no harm and allows us to leave.  Damon starts to lead me another clothing store, but as we have enough stuff to last me a month without having to wash anything I convince to leave the clothes. I still need shoes and underwear though and I can think of a reasonable argument against it so I send Damon rot the shoe store with strict instructions that he is only to buy me a pair of plain black size 5 trainers. He laughs and raises his eyebrows before leaving. He knows I’m only trying to get rid of him while I shop for underwear. Theres no way I’m shopping for underwear with Damon freaking Salvatore.

I go into the nearest underwear shop which is La Senza a shop which I have been into millions of times but just for plain black underwear nothing to over the top. By the time Damon comes back, totally ignoring the point of wait outside, my basket is full and I am ready to pay.

“I got you a present, it’s in the car go look and I will pay for this.” Damon says with an evil smirk. I roll my eyes and hand him the basket, I leave without looking back and run to the car. When I get to the car I look in the back seat and see about four shoes boxes and five extra bags of clothes that I did not pick in the store.  

I jump as I feel an arm slide around my waist.                   

“Boo” He whispers in my ear. I turn and frown at him.

“Damon really?” I say looking at him seriously, annoyed he feels the need to waste all this money on me “I sent you for a single pair of trainers and you come back with all this” I sigh exasperatedly at him and he just smiles at me. I know what he is going to say, as I’ve been having this argument with him all afternoon.

“Need I go over it again? You need this stuff so I got it for you. End of story” He says as I open my mouth to protest. I sigh and look through the clothes he bought. There actually quite nice, nothing particularly daring or noticeable and I’m about to say as much when I open the last bag and find a long black dress with an open back and split running right up to the thigh. I frown and look at Damon. Why on earth would he think of buying this.

“I thought you could wear that to the miss mystic falls competition” He says smiling. Why?

“I was just going to wear something simple, like jeans Damon” I say sighing.

“Well, there’s no chance you’ll win wearing jeans” He says smirking. I stop and stare at him.

“I’m not in the competition Damon” I say slowly, looking at him with narrow eyes. He couldn’t have. Could he?

“You are as of this morning. I phoned Carol Lockwood and she fixed it all up for you” 

“DAMON!” I shout into his laughing face.  It’s not funny, I have zero interest in the competition all I’m going to do is embarrass myself in front of the entire town. He turns and grins at me.

“Come on, imagine Elena’s face if you beat her” He says giving me a knowing look. I try to hold my frown but end up laughing. He knows it’s a joke, and that there is no way I would ever take it seriously. That’s why he’s done it.