Our time in the 30's

We pull up at the house and I laugh as Damon struggles to open the door. We are both weighed down with bags, sharing the determination that we will not be making two trips. As soon as he opens the door I fly past him into the house and upstairs. He laughs and in a second he has joined me.

“Would you like coffee?” He asks kindly sitting the bags on the bed. I nod and run into his arms. He laughs “What was that for?” He says I can feel him grinning into my hair.

“For all the stuff you got me today” I look up at him “Thank you” He just grinned in response.

“Well, I don’t want my room to be filled with shopping bags when I come back with the coffee so chop chop” He says cheekily, laughing as he dodges the playful blow I sent in his direction and leaves the room. 

 I start putting all the clothes into the drawers Damon had put my other things into. I had to put the dresses on hangers but there weren’t many and I knew he wouldn’t mind.  I then began opening all the shoe boxes. He had got me a pair of very tall tan heels, a pair of very tall black heels, a pair of even taller black heeled boots with silver studs decorating the heel and of course the pair of black trainers I had asked for.  The boots frustrated me slightly. They were ridiculously high so highly impractical for walking, extraordinarily glitzy and lavish which is the complete opposite of what my usual style was. But I loved them and it was the fact I loved them that annoyed me. He knew me to well and I had to supress a grin as I thought back and remembered he always has known me so well. I tuck the shoes away next to the drawers and turn to the last bag. It’s the one from La Senza. I quickly tug open the only empty drawer left and tip the bag into. I gasp when I see what’s fallen out. I had chosen 8 bras all identically pain black and cotton with 8 pairs of matching underwear, but what was now in my drawer certainly wasn’t what I had chosen. Slightly confused I pick one of the lacy things up with my finger and look at it. I’m completely baffled as to what happened when I remember what Damon had said

“I got you a present, it’s in the car go look and I will pay for this”

“DAMON SLAVATORE I SWEAR WHEN I GET MY HANDS ON YOU I’M GOING TO RIP YOUR TONGUE OUT AND MAKE YOU EAT IT!” I scream as I fly down the stairs to the kitchen. I’m furious. He knows I don’t have the money to go back and get more practical things and he knows I wouldn’t make him go and get me more. I’m seething when I get to the kitchen. He bursts into laughter the second he sees me, and fails at his attempts to stop. I lunge at him but he dodges to the other side of the kitchen. He eventually gains his composure and addresses me.

“Something wrong, sweetie?” He says innocently. I narrow my eyes at him.

“What did you do with the stuff I choose at the underwear shop?” I challenge him raising my eyebrows.  He smirks in answer and I can see he is not to trying to laugh again.

“I switched it for something much more practical” He says his grin never fading.

“PRACTICAL?” I practically scream “That stuff is far from practical Damon”

“It’s much nicer than what you had I mean talk about boring. I could have you got you some much worse stuff, the options in that store are never ending” He raises his eyebrows “Come on if you can honestly tell me that this isn’t even a little bit funny then I’ll take you right now to get you something else” He looks at me seriously though there is still a hint of a smile on his lips. I supress my own grin as I realise that this is quite funny and if it had been anybody else I would be right beside him clutching my sides from laughing. I sigh defeated at him. He laughs loudly and cheers at his victory. I pour myself a glass of water and grin, my revenge forming in my head already. The only thing is, he will be expecting me to try to get back at him. I have to throw him off. I look down at my drink and a small evil smile forms on my lips. In a flash I turn and throw the water in his face. He blinks soaked. He narrows his eyes at me before lunging at me. I don’t dodge and he tickles me mercilessly. I fight back half-heartedly. We both know I could have him on his ass in a second. He drops me to the floor and pins my arms to my sides with his legs before continuing to tickle me. I let him think he is winning for a second or two, before I switch our positions quickly. I place both my hands on my chest, Damon has never been ticklish, and it would be pointless to try. I grin slyly as I get another idea. I reach into the drawer next to us as Damon struggles laughing knowing my intention. I pull out a bag of flour and grin evilly.