Elijah returns

I wake to a bright light in my face and groan as I push myself off the hard surface I’ve been sleeping on. The memory’s off last night come flooding back and I turn to Damon with a small smile. My smile quickly disappears when I realise that Damon isn’t there. I listen hard and hear a car approaching in the distance and a few seconds later I see Damon’s car pull up in front of the house. I jump down and start walking towards them.

“Morning, sleepy head. Sorry I left I had to help a certain little girl from near death” He wraps his arms around me and kisses my head.

“Excuse me, but who are you?” The girl Damon was helping asks. It’s obviously Elena, as Damon wouldn’t be nearly as comfortable around Katherine.

“I’m your worst nightmare” I whisper winking. 

“Now, now” Damon says grinning widely.

“I’m Cat and you must be Elena. What was the trouble then?” I ask looking up to Damon. I feel butterflies in my stomach when I look into his eyes.

“I think we need a drink before we get into the gory details” Damon says slipping his arm around my waist and leading me towards the house. I can practically feel Elena’s eyes burning into the back of our heads as she follows us to the door. I’m positive Damon is enjoying her confusion and I have to admit it is pretty funny.

“You have to invite me in” I turn and tell her.

“Oh yeah of course” She walks pas us and opens the door “Come in”

I grin and walk through with Damon. The house is huge and just like the outside it’s mostly wood. The walls are all lined with books and I fight the urge to go and start browsing through them.

Damon pours us both a drink as Elena declines his offer. We sink into his sofa in front of a large fireplace.

“Well, long story short. Elena was kidnapped by two vampires trying to get themselves out of trouble by handing her over as a peace offering. So Stefan and I busted in and I killed the guy they were handing her over to. Kind of fun really, just a normal day looking after the kids” He says grinning.

“Any idea who the guy was?” I ask curious as to who would want Elena. I jump as Elena pipes up.

“I think the woman said his name was Alijah” She looks so innocent and in the split second it takes for me to process the information I have Damon pinned against the wall by his throat.

“OUT OF ALL MY BROTHERS, YOU HAD TO KILL THE ONLY HALF DECENT ONE!” I scream at him. I feel a sharp pain in my side and I let Damon drop to the floor as I pull the long stake Elena has attempted to kill me with. Then I’m laughing as I realise their ignorance has saved my brother’s life.

“How did you kill him?” I ask Damon who is rubbing his throat and frowning at me,

“I swear I had no idea, I was just trying to protect my fri – ” I cut him off, needing to know the truth.

“How did you kill him exactly” I asked.

“Stake to the heart, same way you kill any other vampire” He says confused. I laugh again.

Elena chirps up again “I think you should leave” I hear someone walking up the path, and I grin as I realise who that someone is.

“Actually I think you should leave” I say as menacingly as I can manage without bursting out laughing. She tries to stare me out for a few seconds before turning on her heels and walking towards the door.

“Fine” She pulls open the door, and immediately swings it shut again with a small squeal. I grab my sides from laughing at her and open the door myself.

“Hello, brother” I say.