You're Supposed To Kill Him After He Talks

I walk into the boarding house without knocking. I hear Damon shout to me but ignore it and walk straight upstairs. If he is going to torture a werewolf he’s going to need some wolfsbane and luckily I like to keep some handy in case I ever encounter one. There bite can’t kill me, but it can be bloody painful. I look through the things Damon sat out on top of the drawers and find the small leather pouch the wolfsbane is in.  I pause as I’m about to leave and think. I want to be out of here as soon I’m done with Damon. I reach back into the cupboard and find a bag. Sitting on the floor in front of the drawers, I start to sift through my clothes. I can’t help but think of when we went shopping just a few days ago. So much has happened so suddenly, it’s a lot to take in.  I sigh again before filling the bag with some clothes. I seem to be sighing a lot right now. Eventually after listening to Damon and Mason for ten whole minutes, hoping that Damon would get what he is after without me, I give up in the idea and head downstairs, Mason wasn’t going to give anything up immediately and Damon was letting his frustration get in the way, barely giving Mason to talk, before applying more pain.

I run down the stairs and into the living room where Damon is standing in front of Mason, who is tied to a chair covered in his own blood. Damon turned around quickly and gives me a small smile, but I look away quickly giving him a strained smile. His expression swiftly drops into a guilty one and he turns’ back to Mason.

“I’ll give you one more chance to tell where Katherine is and what she’s planning before I let you talk to my friend and believe me if you thought I was bad” He trails off letting Mason imagine the cruel things I would do to him if he wouldn’t talk. I can see the fear in his eyes, despite his snort of laughter as he keeps up his brave act.

I step forward after a few moments. He still won’t talk. Only one option left then. Damon moves to the side as I take his position in front of Mason, bending down so I was eye to eye with him.

“Still got nothing to say?” I ask mockingly, tilting my head to the side not taking my eyes from his for even a second. He gulps but still doesn’t say anything. I tut loudly mocking disappointment. “Shame really” In a second I stick my hand in his chest and rip his heart out, leaving a large gaping hole in his chest as he sags forward slightly, still bond in place by the ropes.

“Last time I checked you’re supposed to kill him after he tells you what it is you want to know” Damon says his voice wavering slightly from nerves, but still dripping sarcasm. I turn and look at him properly for the first time. His bright blue eyes still capture my attention now just as they did when we first met. Though now I can clearly see the guilt in them, I know he feels bad, but that won’t change the way he feels. Elena was right. He has moved on and I need to as well. I drop my gaze from his and answer with a steady voice and strict tone.

“Nothing we could have done would have made him talk; Katherine had him wound to tightly around her little finger”

Damon nods slightly and after a moment or two I speak up.

“I’m leaving town” I blurt out and Damon’s expression turns unreadable “Just for a few days, Elena needs me here, but Klaus…” I trail off not wanting to tell him I’ll be spending time with my brother. “Klaus won’t come here unless he knows for certain that the doppelganger exists and that she is here, she’s safe for now” I finish and turn to leave again.

“Cat!” Damon appears in front of me in a flash and moves to put his hands on my arms but seems to think twice about it, so his hands hover awkwardly just next to them, without actually touching me. “I know I put you under pressure and that wasn’t fair of me, and I know how you feel now, so...” He trails off and I look at him, excitement bubbling in me, he wants to get back together “So why don’t we say ‘just friends’ instead of avoiding each other completely” He finishes with another casual smile and I feel my heart shatter into a thousand little pieces. I feel more tears threaten to spill and I blink them back furiously. I nod my head looking down at the floor.

“Just Friends” I leave without looking back, and head to see my brother.