I dont want to live in a car

I laugh when I hear Damon sigh at me and jump into my car. I decide to look for anywhere good to stay.

I swear I’ve been driving around this stupid town for 2 hours now and there isn’t a hotel or house for sale in the whole place. Frustrated I’m going to have to sleep in my car for the foreseeable future until we can get rid of Klaus, I turn and head back to Damon’s.

When I pull back up I slam the car door shut still furious. I march towards the house. I knock the door but don’t wait for an answer and just walk in. Damon stands half way to the door his eyebrows raised.

“Someone’s in a mood” He says and I can see he is trying not to laugh. I narrow my eyes at him before taking a deep breath and plastering a fake smile across my face.

“I’m fine” The others seem to accept this without question and turn but Damon takes a step forward and puts his arms around me.

“What’s up?” He whispers in my ear. I wrap my arms around him and bury my face in his neck.

“I’m fine” I mumble counting to ten in my head. I’ve never been very good at controlling my temper but I’m determined I will not make a big deal out of this. I will just do what everybody else would do and suck it up.

“I don’t believe it” He whispers back. He pulls away and holds out his hand to me. I take it and he leads through the house to what must be his bedroom. I’m shocked at how simple it is at first. A large room, with just his bed sitting at an angle. The walls are covered in books in here as well, apart from one which is a large wardrobe. I can see through into his ensuite from sitting on the bed.

“No one can hear us from in here and I can tell your lying so just tell me what’s wrong Cat!” He says exasperatedly. I grimace at him and let myself fall back onto the bed.

“It’s stupid and petty and you’re going to think I’m such a pathetic spoiled brat” I say pouting slightly. He just laughs and crawls up beside me on his stomach.

“Well I already think that” I jokes and I playfully hit his arm and pretend to be upset “BUT you have to tell me anyway because now I’m even more interested”

I laugh and give in “This stupid tiny town doesn’t have a single hotel or house for sale in it which means I’ll either have to travel 2 hours a day here and back or sleep in my car and I’m not particularly fond of either plan” I rant. He just looks at me like I’m crazy. “What?” I ask after a minute of two of silence.

“Why where you even looking for somewhere to stay?” He asks.

“Like I said I don’t really want to live in my car for the next god knows how long” I say sighing.

“You are staying here! I thought you were from the second you came back and we got back together! Why would you think anything different?” He says almost laughing but looking mostly confused.

“I didn’t think I was staying here?” I say “Are you sure that’s okay? I don’t want to be any trouble. Like I said I’m just being a brat ignore me I’m fine with my car”

“You’re staying here and that’s it!” He says laughing “Where’s your stuff anyway? You can live here for as long as you want” He says already starting to get up. I laugh and sit up myself.

“As long as you’re sure it’s not any trouble” He rolls his eyes and pulls me to my feet “My stuffs in my car I’ll be two seconds.

I’m literally two seconds as I run to my car grab my box of things and dart back to Damon.

“So where’s my room?” I ask laughing.

“You’re in it” he says taking my box.  He walks over to the wardrobe and pulls open a door revealing a chest of drawers and starts putting my few pairs of jeans and shirts into a drawer at the top.

“I thought this was your room” I laugh.

“It is” He says wiggling his eyebrows and pinning a couple photos I had onto the inside of the door.

“Damon” I groan.

“What? You didn’t have a problem in the 20’s or the 30’s OR the 40’s so why a problem now?” He laughs and flashes in front of me. I laugh and dive onto the bed again, kicking off my shoes in the process.

“Fine, this bed is comfy enough that I’m willing to make an exception to my morals” I say laughing. He goes back to pinning the photos up and I sigh feeling very lazy as he fixes all of my things”

“Is this really everything you have?” He asks raising eyebrow.

“Well, I have a storage locker near here that has some stuff in it and a few others dotted around here and there with other stuff as well, but nothing I need on a regular basis. Mostly just paintings and my old clothes from different times. Nothing useful, unless people here dress like they did in the 1800’s” He laughs

“Well, if you’re living here then you need some more stuff. We can go shopping if you want” He says looking at me questioningly. I grimace.

“I guess I have to” I pout slightly. “Okay, let’s get it over with” I say laughing as Damon seems to cheer up.  “Why are you so happy about this?” I ask suspicious.

“I like the idea of getting to sit and watch you parade around in different clothes” He says laughing.

“Creep” I say laughing and flop back down on the bed “I can’t be bothered” Then I get an idea. I jump onto Damon’s back quickly so he doesn’t see it coming. He laughs. “You have to carry me there!” I shout laughing. Damon shakes his head but I can tell he is grinning.

“Well hold on tight then” And he takes off quickly I gasp and tighten my grip laughing as we fly through the living room to the car outside where Damon stops.

“Heh! That is not a shop!” I say pretending to frown.

“Aw Come on, we have to drive I’m not carrying all your bags back PLUS you” He says and opens the passenger door of his own car open for me. I laugh and jump in and a second later he appears beside me and starts the engine.