Chapter 4

"It's..."

As the girl was about to say her new buddy's name, a card flew out of her bag and flashed a yellow glow similar to Jackknife's. A large, white armored, human-like dragon with feathery wings appeared in the sky. When the wind finally died down, Yuna looked at the monster in shock as it stared back at her.

"Young girl..." it finally said in a harsh voice. Yuna slowly stood up and flinched when it referred to her.

"..... Please allow me to be your buddy!"

".....eh?" Tasuku and Yuna said, dumbfounded.

"PLEASEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!" he whined in a high pitched voice, tears starting to prick at the side of his eyes.

"Is he really crying?!" Tasuku exclaimed in surprise. As the kids started to panic at the situation, Yuna finally answered him, "Ahhhhh...! Okay, okay! Just, please don't actually start crying!"

"Well, that was easy," the dragon answered in a normal tone.

"...? Eh?" the two said once more.

"Hahahaha! You see, I wasn't expecting you to say yes! Oh, and I was just messing with you. Looks like we're buddies from now on then!" Yuna looked at the excited monster, flying in circles around their heads and just laughed.

"What do they call you over in your world?" The monster stopped and landed in front of the students.

"I'm Psychic Knife Dragon," he said as he shrank into his other form.

"Oh, well, may I just call you Psy?" The dragon grinned. "Sure, why not? And you are?"

"Ah, right. I'm Suzuki Yuna. Just Yuna is fine."

"Yuna, sounds about right. And who's that?" Psy asked, pointing at Tasuku.

"Ummm..." Yuna nudged Tasuku slightly.

"Oh, uh, I'm Ryuenji Tasuku. Nice to meet you..."

The now small dragon nodded his head at Tasuku. "Same goes to you, kid." Sparks could be seen flying between the boy and the monster as they stared at each other and smiled cold smiles.

"Since you're friends with my buddy, make one wrong move and you'll get cut."

A vein could be seen popping out of Tasuku's head. "And since your buddies with my friend now, if anything happens to her your toast."

"Umm, guys I thought we were headed to my house? Please don't threaten each other.." Yuna said hands up between the two.

Finally reaching the front of Yuna's house, Tasuku stared at the building with wide eyes and turned to look at Yuna.

"You live here?" he asked shocked at how big the house was for the little girl.

"Apparently, yes. Is it that surprising?" Yuna asked nonchalantly. The boy nodded in shock. Yuna just shrugged it off and unlocked the door.

"Thanks for walking me home Tasuku-kun. Psy you should thank him too."

"Oh it's nothing! You're welcome, though," Tasuku said glaring at the dragon that was ignoring him. Sighing, the girl turned to her new buddy and said, "If you want to be my buddy, at least get along with Tasuku-kun." Groaning in protest, he complied with his buddy and mumbled out a low 'yea right, thanks.'

"See you tomorrow at school then, Yuna. Bye!" Tasuku gave a small wave and headed back the way they came from.

"..... You just had to take his side, didn't you?"

"Well, you didn't have to hate him so much... what did he do to you?"

"....." Yuna smiled and shook her head.